45.

Shamir Miles

April 15, 2022Home~~~

April 15, 2022
Home
~~~

"Aw, Shamir look." Alexis walked up to me holding her phone towards me. "What's Makenzie baby name?"

"Makel." I mumbled staring at the television.

"Yeah, look at him. Isn't he adorable?" Alexis asked and I nodded not even looking at the picture.

To be honest I was pissed the fuck off. I met up with Kash mama the other day and we got swabbed for the DNA test. It's been six days since we took the test and all I could feel was anxious. I haven't even had the courage to tell Alexis. I know she gonna be upset, and I was too.

"What's wrong?" Alexis asked and I sighed.

"Nun." I sat up straight on the couch rubbing my hands together.

"Shamir." Alexis furrowed her brows, "No seriously, what did I do? I didn't mean to come bother you or anything-"

"It's not you." I took a deep breath before looking at the television.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"No."

Alexis sighed before getting up from the couch. I watched her walk back in the bedroom and she closed the door. I felt guilty, and I kept checking the mailbox waiting for the results. The anxiety was real at this point, I couldn't even think straight anymore.

"Shit." I mumbled to myself rubbing my head.
~~~

Machai Parks

Home
~~~

"Mac can you put Kel in his car seat?" Makenzie asked walking in my bedroom.

"Why?" I asked holding Kel in my arms feeding him.

"We got a doctor's appointment. I got to make sure he gets his shots." Makenzie said causing me to stand up.

I followed her down the stairs to his car seat and buckled him in. Kenzie wiped his mouth putting his tiny hat on.

"Be careful." I pointed at her.

"Mac he's gonna be fine." Kenzie laughed, "Dang let me be a mom."

"Whatever." I playfully pushed her causing her to laugh. I grabbed Kel car seat and followed her outside to the her car. I buckled him in and fixed the mirror to where Kenzie could see his face.

"Thank you." Makenzie smiled getting in the car.

"Welcome." I closed the back door and stepped back. She blew the horn at me before backing out the driveway. I waited until she pulled off before turning to head into the house.

I heard another car causing me to look back. The mail trucked pulled up and I realized that I'an checked the mail in a while. I nodded my head at the fine mail lady and she batted her lashes waving as she pulled off.