11

Makenzie Parks

May 23, 2021
Kash House
~~~

"Yur' shoulda let me beat him up. I don't caur' Kenzie. This nigga been had a problem with me for years and I never did shit to him."

"Kash it's okay, just let it go. I don't want anymore drama. I just wanna lay here with you, okay?" I said but he kissed his teeth.

"Fuck that, look at ya eye Kenz. Yur' can't let that nigga do that to yur'. It's abuse." He sat up and I sighed.

"My Dad has never hit me before. I think he was just angry. It's nothing, trust me." I said leaning my body on him.

"Nah he trippin, I mean why does it matter if you're innocent or perfect? That shit is what make yo kids sneaky."

"Because my Dad isn't perfect and him and my mom tried putting up an act as if they were. That's the whole reason we're in Memphis now. Atlanta knows too much of our secrets and they didn't like that. So we packed up and moved."

"What kind of secrets?"

"Like that fact that my Dad has four other kids. I literally have a older sister the same age as Mac and two more sisters like three years older than him. Then it's Myoki, he's like what? Fourteen? Fifteen? I don't even know. I haven't seen them in years."

"Myoki? The fuck is he asian?"

"Vietnamese." I sighed, "I honestly don't even want to talk about it. My Dad has really been acting perfect for years and it's so disappointing."

"Damn, yo daddy been a lame ass nigga. That's why he tryna keep yur' away from me huh? We must got similar personalities." He bursted out laughing, but I was so over it. I didn't like talking about my other siblings, it's a touchy subject.

"Kash please."

He sighed, "If yur' want me to let it go then I will."

"Thank you."

I laid in his arms exhaling deeply. I honestly was still pissed about the whole Adrian situation. But I knew Kash was sorry and they both said they were drunk. I've forgiven them for my sake, not for theirs. I still won't talk to Adrian anymore. I could understand Kash hiding it but her? Nah.

"I'm sorry about the whole Adrian thing."

"I don't wanna talk about it. Can we just lay here? I still love you."

"Yur' can lay hur' for as long as yur' want. I love yur' too." He said causing me to nod.

"Thank you."

"I got yur'." He said before he pecked my lips. I smiled and we laid back in the bed.
~~~

Shamir Miles

Mac House
~~~

"So where she at?"

"Probably with Kash. I wouldn't put that past her." Mac said blowing the smoke out his mouth.

"Dang, all this happen yesterday? I can't believe she would do some like that. Was she crying?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nah, not at first."

Dee sat up in his seat, "I mean she grown. I feel like y'all be being too hard on her. She doing the same shit we was doing at nineteen."

"And? She a girl, and girls don't need to be acting like that." Quez said and Dee kissed his teeth.

"My thing is, y'all give girls a hard time. I mean she gotta grow up and y'all know that. So what she been out here fucking? We all were and nobody said shit to us because we're men. This double standard shit is stupid." Dee shook his head.