37.

Makenzie Parks

December 1, 2021
Kash House
~~~

"Mmm."

I groaned in pain squeezing my eyes tight. Kash rubbed my shoulder as I sat on the edge of the bathtub with my hand resting under my stomach.

"Yur' gotta throw up again?" Kash asked and I shook my head.

"No, it just got really painful right under here." I pointed to my lower abdomen. The doctor told me that it was common, but to go to the emergency room if the aches get worse or if I feel something isn't right.

"Makenzie yur' alright honey bunches?" Mumu, Kash mother, asked walking in the bathroom with Kamoni in her arms.

"Yes ma'am."

"Kash hur' boy, get Kamoni. Let's go make yur' some tea baby girl." Mumu spoke grabbing my hand.

I got up from the edge of the bathtub and walked with her into the kitchen. I had moved back to Kash house a few days ago since it just wasn't doing good at home. Mac and our Dad was arguing every two seconds and Marissa was slowly but surely moving her stuff in. It was too much going on and I was getting stressed out. I had to leave before I ended up having complications with the baby.

"How many months yur' is now?" Mumu asked filling a pot with water.

"Five months on the 7th." I slowly sat down resting my hand under my chin.

"Yur' due in April huh?" She asked nodding. "Well okay, so, Kash told me that yur' ain't sure about the fatha' just yet."

I cleared my throat, "No ma'am, not yet."

"Well let me just tell yur' this, if yur' need us call us. Kash love yur' and he take caur' of all his chil'lens. I like yur' and we all make mistakes sometimes. But that child is gon be taken caur' of Makenzie so don't even worry bout it." Mumu said causing me to nod.

"What if it turns out that Kash isn't the father?" I asked sending chills down my spine.

"I can't speak for my son, but like I said, if yur' need me...call me. Yur' a good girl and I know bout ya motha' and if yur' need help don't hesitate to call."

"Yes ma'am, I appreciate it." I smiled and she nodded.

I've always had a great relationship with Kash mother. I've never given her a reason not to like me unlike his other hoes. I respected her and her house the whole time I was with Kash.

"Who's the other potential fatha'?"

"Just this boy I know, we were just messing around nothing serious. He has a girlfriend and stuff now so..."

"Lord girl, does he even know that yur'-"

"No." I sighed.

"Making the wrong move sweetie. If I was yur' I would tell him like today about it. What yur' gone do? Wait until yur' have the baby?" She questioned.

"No one knows about it but Kash. I haven't told my friends, Dad, brother or the other guy."

"Yur've' been hidin' this the whole time? Well yur' good at it so I applaud yur' cause I couldn't tell until you took that hoodie off the otha' day. That's when I asked Kash and he said you were." She said taking the boiling water and pouring it into a mug.

"I don't think I can hide it much longer though. Even the waist trainer won't hide it. So someone is bound to find out eventually." I shrugged.

"Four scoops of sugar?" She asked.