15

Makenzie Parks

June 4, 2021
Home
~~~

"It hurts."

Mac winced in pain as I lifted his leg up. For the past two weeks I've been playing caregiver. After the accident, most of us were injured except Camari and I. I'm very thankful for that, and it really opened my eyes a bit. Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us.

"Any update on Quez?" Mac asked grabbing the television remote as I covered him up.

"Nope, but he's breathing on his own now."

Quez was in the worst condition of us all. He was brain dead for two days, but he's better now. He's the only one still in the hospital since he suffered brain trauma. He's alive though, but he still can't talk or anything right now. Camari has been taking it hard, so she's been over here a lot lately.

"What about my boy Sha?"

"Pft," I rolled my eyes, "Sha is still Sha. I saw that crippled nigga the other day in the car."

"He back driving already?"

"Yes." I laughed.

Shamir is still the same, minus the broken arm. It don't matter to him though, he still doing him. I've seen him around occasionally but we haven't spoken since we got back. I don't really have much to say to him anyways. We just be in our own lanes.

Dee has been okay, his leg is broke and his ribs are bruised. He seems to be in good spirits though, I see him at church every sunday. Tyra is good too, she wasn't really injured either just a few scratches and bruises. Of course it didn't take her long to get back on her feet, she's a mother.

I haven't spoken with Adrian, but Camari told me she's doing well. I don't know too many details about her situation though. Not that I don't care, but she's just not a factor in my life anymore. I don't hate her and I never will. I just feel like our friendship has run it's course.

I'm always open hearted though, I don't mind being cordial.

"So, you talked to Kash?"

I cleared my throat, "Nah, um, I just ya know, don't need extra stress on me right now. I'm still doing these online courses and on top of that I have to help you. Kash is a full time job as well."

"Don't go back to him, find you someone else. I know you not little anymore and I know you doing adult things now. If you an adult, get you an adult man. Kash ain't no real man Kenzie." Mac said causing me to nod.

"Note taken." I stood up, "Can I get your keys now? I have a few errands to run."

"Nightstand." He said before looking up at the television.

"Be right back."
~~~

"Ugh! Yess!"

I moaned making a face. I wrapped my arms around Kash neck and threw my head back. He gripped my ass kissing on my neck as I rode him. I felt myself about to cum and I didn't hold back. I released and fell in his arms.

"Damn, yur' been coming over hur' everyday. Yur' must've missed me for real." Kash laughed showing his golds off.

"Whatever." I chuckled as he laid his head in the crook of my neck.

"So, I got some to tell yur'." Kash said lifting head up. By the look on his face I knew it was about to be some bullshit. I was prepared though. "I got another baby on the way."

"With?"

"Youn' know her. Some bitch I fucked at a party about six months ago. We did that lil blood test shit already and it came back positive. The baby mines." He shrugged.

"How many kids is this now? Hm?" I asked upset. I knew what the deal was already, but hearing it come from him is upsetting. See, this is the shit I be talking about. He has the potential to be a great boyfriend minus the cheating.

"Third...I think." He said and I shook my head.

"Three babymamas and three kids all by the age of twenty one. Wow, just wow." I got up off him and he kissed his teeth.

"Kenzie don't start-"

"I'm not," I looked up, "I just wish you'd stop. How hard can it be to use protection? I mean you never hesitated to use it with me."

He nodded, "And?"

"I'm saying like how come you fucking all these other girls raw but use a condom with me? Trust me I'm not complaining, it just seems weird." I said opening the bathroom door.

"Cause yur' smart, and yur' don't need no kids right now. Yur' got goals and shit and I ain't tryna ruin ya life Makenzie."

"Kash...what are you saying?" I asked raising my eyebrow. He is just so slow at times when he's tryna prove a point.

"I'm saying that when I fuck those other girls it be just for fun and shit. Half of the time I be drunk and I can't remember shit. But with yur' I'm never drunk and I'm always fully aware of shit. So basically yeah yur' get this shit?"

"I think I get this shit." I mocked him, "You don't use condoms with the other girls because you be too high or drunk to remember to use a condom?"

"Yeah yur' understand this shit Kenzie, girl yur' smart that's why yur' in college."

"If you say shit one more time, damn that's yo favorite word." I cackled.

He got up off the bed and walked over to me.

"On the real shit though, yur' know I fuck with yur' heavy. And these girls ain't shit but another babymama." He said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"What's your point?" I asked staring up into his eyes.

"Yur' gon be somebody wife, that's the difference between yur' and them other hoes."

"Will I be your wife?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Only time will tell right?"

"I guess." I mumbled before he pecked my lips. He hopped back in his bed and I walked into the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and locked it before looking in the mirror. I cut the sink on and prepared myself for my hoe bath.

"What are you doing Makenzie?"
~~~

"Machai I'm home!"

I yelled dropping the grocery bags on the counter. I walked down the hall into his room to see him asleep as usual. I walked over to him and tucked him in before pecking his forehead. I left his room slowly and closed the door behind me. I could hear my dad snoring loudly from upstairs so I didn't yell for him.

We made up, but our relationship isn't the same. I'm honestly just glad to be back home.

"Yo, yo!"

I heard the front door opening up. I walked around the corner and saw Shamir coming in the house with a damn suitcase.

"Shush, everyone is sleeping and yo loud ass bursting in here." I folded my arms and he stuck his middle finger up.

"I need a place to crash, moms put me out again." He said plopping his heavy butt on the sofa.

"What for this time?" I asked as I walked over to him.

"Having sex in her house, like I pay most of the bills there. One day i'ma put her ass outside with a spare change cup. See how she likes the shit." He said dead serious causing me to laugh.

"Whatever, i'ma head upstairs to bed."

"Wait, you heard from Camari today? She told me Quez trying to respond to her now. My boy gon be back to himself before you know it." Sha said causing me to nod.

"He will, goodnight Sha." I said and he nodded.

"Goodnight Kenzie."