50.

Alexis Cho

June 2, 2022Catresa House~~~

June 2, 2022
Catresa House
~~~

"Hi mommy." I spoke entering the house smiling.

"Hey Alexis." Catresa smiled, "You didn't tell me you were stopping by."

"I know, I was just in the neighborhood and wanted to stop by and see how you were doing." I sat my purse down before noticing a diaper bag. "Oh, um, wrong time?"

"No, please sit down." Catresa said causing me to take a seat. "Where you been? You look beautiful."

"Thanks mommy, I went out with friends earlier and I was passing through. Just wanted to check up on you." I said truthfully.

It's been weeks since Sha and I last talked. He's been reaching out, but lately he hasn't. I get that I was ignoring him, but at the same time I need to heal. But seeing Catresa in grandma mode really hurts me. I didn't expect the baby to be around her so soon.

"Well I'm good." She walked out the kitchen holding water bottles. "You talked to Shamir lately?"

"No." I accepted the water.

"Well what's going on? Y'all broken up for good or is it a break?"

I shrugged sighing, "I mean we aren't together at the moment. He stopped reaching out so I figured he's moved on."

"I don't know," She shrugged, "We communicate here and there and now I'm in charge of Makel."

"Why?" I asked taking a sip of my water.

"Because Makenzie is back working and stuff. I don't know what Shamir does throughout the day, but he drops in and sees his son and then he goes." She explained.

So Makenzie is dropping the baby off over here? Wow. It's like she swooped in and took everything from me. My mother in law, my boyfriend, and my happiness. I knew I shouldn't blame her fully for my misery but I can't help it. It's like she got let off so easy when she did some fucked up shit.

"Do you like her?" I blurted out.

I felt embarrassed immediately after.

"Um, you don't have to answer that." I face palmed myself.

"Alexis, what are you really over here for?" Catresa asked placing her water bottle down.

I bursted out crying causing her to lean over and hug me. I can't even go to my own parents for comfort because they'll just say 'I told you so.' I turned down an once in a lifetime opportunity to stay here with Shamir. I've never felt more stupid in my life. Neither can I stop hearing the words 'stupid or dumb'.

"It's okay Lex, don't cry." Catresa wiped my tears and I sniffled calming down.

"It's just like...I don't know what I wanna do? Part of me wants to just say fuck what Sha did and move past it. But the other side of me is saying move on with your life. What do you think I should do?" I asked and she sighed.