18

Makenzie Parks

June 13, 2021
Work
~~~

"Hey how you doing?" I asked a customer before actually seeing who it was.

"I'm good and you?" Dee asked and I smiled at him.

"I'm good, how's your leg? I see you still on crutches too." I said scanning his few items.

"Yeah, but I've been working out and it's much better. Won't be long before I take this shit off." He said looking down at his foot.

"Good." I smiled, "Your total is 14.45."

He swiped his card and I waited for it to process.

"So, why haven't you been texting in the group chat?" I asked and he sighed.

"I don't feel like we a group, It just ain't how it use to be." He said and I grabbed the receipt. I handed it to him before grabbing the grocery bags.

"I'll walk 'em to the car for you." I said causing him to nod. I cut my register light off and began to walk with him. We didn't say much to each other on the way to his car. I could see his mother in the passenger seat though, so I waved.

"Thank you." Dee smiled.

"No problem, I hope you get better soon." I hugged him before opening the car door.

"Thanks, what time you get off?" He asked getting in the car.

I closed the door, "In about five minutes."

"Need a ride?"

"Sure." I said causing his mother to smile at me. "I'll go get my things."
~~~

"Thank y'all."

I waved at them as they pulled off. I turned around and started heading back to the house. I swung my house keys back and forth and yawned. I walked up the porch steps and used my key to unlock the door.

"I'm home." I called out before closing the door behind me. I made sure to lock it before I proceeded into the living room.

Sha and Mac were on the couch high as hell. I sat my bag down and went and sat down next to Mac.

"Hey, how was work?" Mac asked as I leaned my head on him.

"It was okay." I yawned.

"I thought I was supposed to pick you up from work." Sha glanced over at me and I nodded.

"Deonte was there with his mama and they brought me home." I got up from the couch, "I just took the offer because I'm tired. Goodnight, I'll see y'all in the morning."

"Aight." They both replied before I headed upstairs. I was sleepy, so I took my ass straight to the shower.
~~~

Shamir Miles

Continuation
~~~

"I gotta get my sister a car." Mac said once Makenzie was out of sight.

"Get her one."

"I ain't been on the block much, so my funds low right now. But as soon as I get back out there i'ma start to save some money up. She too involved in shit not to have a car." Mac said stretching his leg out on the couch.

I leaned over on the couch, "Man, I feel sick as fuck."

"Headache?" Mac asked and I gave him a head nod. "Yo, so you gon talk to Deonté? I mean we bros and I know you ain't gon let a lil ass fight break us up."

"Hell nah, that wasn't even a fight if you ask me. I don't hold grudges for real and you know that, but I feel like he gotta reach out to me since he swung first." I shrugged.