22

Makenzie Parks

June 30, 2021
Kash House
~~~

"Bounce, bounce, bounce!" I sang bouncing Lulu up and down on the bed. She laughed chewing on her fist showing her gums. I laughed at her before looking over at Kash who was glaring at me. I slowly stopped laughing before I felt nervous.

"What?"

"Who yur' been fucking?" He asked out of the blue.

"Huh?"

"I'an stutta' did I? Yur' heard what the fuck I said. I'on really caur' but don't come over hur' thinking shit sweet when it ain't." He said taking Lulu out my arms.

"Whatever." I stood up, "I came by to see the baby and I did. I'll see you later whenever you stop trippin."

"Yeah aight, make sure yur' tell Sha that he can have yur'."

I froze, "How do you know-"

"Yur' so predictable." Kash looked me up and down before kissing his teeth.

I squinted my eyes at him before grabbing my purse. I left his house and rolled my eyes annoyed. It's okay for him to sleep around but it's not okay for me? Boys are so backwards.
~~~

"Wassup Kenzie."

"Wassup." I smiled at the guys as I walked over to the bleachers. Since everyone went to the park I decided to come as well. I didn't wanna be home alone. Camari and Sha were playing basketball and Quez was by the bleachers in his wheelchair.

"Where's Mac and Ty?" I asked as I sat next to Quez.

"Mac getting his cast taken off and Tyra said she was gonna pick her kids up from daycare and take em to ManMan house." Quez said and I nodded.

"How long you gonna be in the wheel chair?" I asked.

"Two more weeks."

"That's good, then you can get back to being you." I pushed his head.

"Yeah, I got my feeling back a while ago. I been going to therapy and shit so everything coming along. I'm just thankful to be alive."

"As you should." I played in his hair.

"Yo."

I looked up to see Deonté come walking. He looked so good, it's been a while since we've seen him. Last time I saw him was about three weeks ago. Now his cast was off and he was looking really good. I got up from the bleachers and ran up and hugged him.

"At least somebody happy to see a nigga." He laughed holding me up.

"I'm always happy to see you."

Dee smiled at me before carrying me back to the bleachers. Quez gave him dap and we all sat together. Camari came running over and gave Dee a hug causing him to smile. We all we're happy to see him, well not all.

"Aye, I'ma head out." Sha said giving Quez and Camari dap.

"Man chill, we brothers and we not gonna let one little fight divide us. I ain't with that shit and y'all know it." Marquez said causing Dee to look down.

"Yo, brothers?" Deonté asked asking for dap.

Sha looked him up and down before smiling. "Brothers."

"Awe." I said before they glared at me like I was crazy. "Anyways I'll see y'all later. I gotta go turn in some paper work for school."

"Alright see you."
~~~

Shamir Miles

30 minutes later
~~~

I pulled up to my house and parked the car. I debated on if I should go in cause my mama be trippin. I just came to get my shit, then back to Mac house. I ain't seen her since we got into it about the bills, I hope her ass still stay here.