44.

Makenzie Parks

April 6, 2022Hospital~~~

April 6, 2022
Hospital
~~~

"Come on." Mac held my hand as I waddled down the hallway. I held my hand under my stomach feeling the pain hit.

"Ugh." I groaned out having to stop.

Mac held me up fixing my hospital gown. My water broke yesterday and I've been at the hospital in pain every since. I kept having to pee, and I was hungry as hell. I was on my way to the water bath now. It was getting closer to the time for me to push.

"I got yur' baby." Mumu rubbed my back soothing me.

We walked in the room and I saw the big pool of water. I was starting to regret not getting the epidural. I wanted to have a natural birth, but I also wanted it to be painless as possible.

"Go ahead and get undressed." The doctor said starting to unbutton my hospital gown.

Mac stepped back, "I'ma be right out there with the other's. You got this okay?"

"Okay." I breathed before Mac pecked my forehead walking out.

Tyra came walking in with her gloves and stuff on smiling. I tried to smile, but this back pain was no joke. I stepped down in the warm water and sat there for a moment.

"Try to get comfortable." The midwife spoke rubbing my shoulders.

I hunched forward feeling the sharp pain hit my back. I bawled up my face squeezing my eyes tightly. I could feel the tears coming already.

"It's okay Makenzie, yur' got this." Mumu leaned down as a nurse checked to see how far my contractions were apart.

"Breathe in honey, breathe out." The midwife guided causing me to do what she said. "Okay, good."

"I think we're ready to have us a baby." The doctor smiled putting his gloves on.

10 minutes later.

I screamed from the top of my lungs one last time pushing my baby out. I breathed out heavily hearing cries from my baby. I could barely keep my eyes open, I was so tired. Tears were still in my eyes and blood was literally everywhere.

"Makenzie!" Tyra smiled excitedly.

I couldn't move as much, but I was okay. I could hear my child and that made me happy. I wish I could show that I was happy, but I was in so much pain right now. All I really wanted to do was sleep.
~~~

"Here you are." The midwife smiled placing the baby against my chest. I tiredly grabbed my son holding him against my heart.

"Aww." Tyra cooed as he slept peacefully. I pulled his hat down as he let out a small yawn. Mumu had to leave for work, but said she'll be back later. I hate that she's missing this cute moment though.