Multiversal Romance Series: Promise

Continuation of 'Lies'

On a lonely street in Seoul city, with various leaves so dry they seemed prehistoric, Chaeyoung walked alone with little energy, putting on a pale face as if she were a living corpse. She spent a lot of energy just to raise her head to look up at the sky.

The young girl sighed deeply, recalling the time when she had overcome her fears and faced her lover's lies.

Flashback starts

"Wait a minute, what do you mean Chae? What do you mean?!" Mina asked in a voice as if she was threatening her lover, her growing voice echoing through the pair's once harmonious room.

"Stop lying to me as if you did nothing wrong to me, Mina. Dahyun told me your affair with Jeongie." Chaeyoung growled firmly even though in her heart, she didn't fully have the guts to argue like this with the girl she truly loved.

"Dahyun lied to you, Chae, I don't have affair with Jeong! What the hell are you both talking about? She's trying to get in your head, she's messin' with you so she can break us apart! You know I only lovw you!" Mina almost screamed, but immediately froze when Chaeyoung showed her phone to Mina.

On the screen was a picture of Mina taking off her clothes together with Jeongyeon on their bed at the latter's apartment. If Dahyun hadn't thought about following Mina and Jeongyeon to their apartment, Mina would definitely win this argument for sure.

"Whoa, why are you silent all of a sudden, Myoui? Am I still wrong now? Isn't this you? If not then is this your twin, Mina?!" Chaeyoung smiled sarcastically, her sarcastic laughter gave Mina goosebumps of fear.

"C-Chae wait-"

"Enough, just please, stop, I'm tired. I'm done with this piece of bullshit." Chaeyoung's voice weakened drastically, as if she were dying. "What's the point of us staying in this relationship if I can't trust you who cheat on me anymore?"

"S-s-sorry Chae please-"

"I promised your family to always love you and guard your heart even though they still looked down on me, but it's okay. They must be happy to have such a wonderful child like you. Take care of yourself, Mina, I know this house was bought by your dad for you, so it's completely yours. I'll bid my goodbye, take care of your health. " Chaeyoung smiled thinly but sincerely before turning away and leaving the house quickly.

Mina was speechless in the room, starting to regret what she had done to the girl who was always sincere to her.

Flashback ends

It's time for Chaeyoung to face the challenges God gave her on her own, it's time for her to learn to appreciate more what she had and what she didn't have.

She would no longer be swept away by Mina's sweet lies, from now on Son Chaeyoung was only Son Chaeyoung's.

Promise? Promise was just another word for fabrication.

*click*

The sound of camera shooting a picture echoed in Chaeyoung's ear, right on her left, not too far away. There was a woman wearing a hoodie who was capturing the beautiful atmosphere of the surrounding garden on her camera, sitting on a wooden bench.

Chaeyoung hummed confusedly. Looking from behind, the woman looked familiar, but then she suddenly felt pain again in her heart seeing her, before the pain suddenly became calm and happy again as if her heart realized that it was a good person, she didn't know why.