Multiversal Romance Series: Rain

Genre: ?

This is my entry for the 6th day of MiChaeng Birthday Project

Chaeyoung was surprised. Somehow, only a few minutes after they finished chatting about going to the bookstore Mina just recommended to her, the Japanese had arrived at her doorstep sooner than even expected. The younger girl's mind was struck by unanswered questions clouded in utter confusion.

She had just finished taking a shower and putting on her plain light blue shirt, and hurriedly went to the door of her house while tying her hair with a headband. When Chaeyoung opened the door, the girl was greeted by Mina who was wearing her black sweatshirt that Chaeyoung had bought for her as her birthday present last year.

"How come you're here so fast? Were you walking here when we were chatting?" Chaeyoung asked with furrowed eyebrows. When she received a nonchalant innocent nod from his lover who was working as a tutor, Chaeyoung sighed and shook her head as she pulled Mina into her warm embrace.

"Next time please watch out for strangers and be careful when you're alone. There are robbers around this street." Chaeyoung advised her girlfriend wisely. Mina only chuckled and patted the younger girl's shoulder before kissing her on the cheek lovingly.

"I'm careful all the time, you taught me karate, didn't you?" Mina smiled with her innocence and kept her cellphone in her jeans pocket. "Already? Ready to go?"

"Yes mam!" Chaeyoung exclaimed enthusiastically with a proud grin. Mina chucklef at her girlfeiend who always acted like a child but could also be incredibly protective and mature. The two lovers walked together and left Chaeyoung's house when the younger one had made sure that the door was locked. Chaeyoung had learned from her past mistake when a robber stole the necklace his grandmother had given to her just because she forgot to lock the door of the house.

As they both walked together side by side with their fingers intertwined lovingly , Mina and Chaeyoung immediately froze on the spot when they saw the bookstore that Mina was just talking about was showing off a board that read 'CLOSED'.

"W-what the hell?" Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows in utter cluelessness.

"B-but I just passed this place earlier! What kind of bullshit is this?!" Mina gritted her teeth in anger. It could be said that burning gas was fuming out of her nose like a bull which was provoked by a matador.

Adding up to the misfortune, the sound of a thunder that echoed like a drum struck their ears unexpectedly, followed by the rain that initially subsided before becoming swiftly heavy and inhospitable. The hair and clothes of the two girls were soaked with water bullets that fell down them before flowing and resting on the ground which slowly reflected and also absorbed the raindrops.

"You think this is funny?" the Japanese girl growled when she saw and heard Chaeyoung's small laugh. They were drenched terribly, so drenched as if they had been hit by a terrible flood, but that didn't stop Chaeyoung from acting all goofy and playful.

"It's not like that, Minari baby." Chaeyoung shook her head while holding back her laughter. "It's adorable how angry you look, like a little baby, Chaengie's little baby. Besides, what else can we do, Minari? I think the bookstore was so crowded that they had to close. I know you're upset, but we still have tomorrow." the girl answered with a sincere smile, rubbing Mina's cheek even though it was soaking wet.

Chaeyoung's responsive and understanding nature didn't appear often, but every time that trait did, Chaeyoung could be so responsive she could tell that Mina really yearned for a hug and warmth that especially came from her, even without having to hear it from Mina herself. Without wasting more time, Chaeyoung moved closer to Mina and hugged her from behind, resting her chin on Mina's right shoulder.

"Well, let's just look for a place to eat, we both haven't had breakfast." Mina said softly. She was quite disappointed that the bookstore had closed earlier because she really loved buying and reading books that just came out, but the warm hug and affection that Chaeyoung poured on her body eased all the anger, calming the thunder that had wrecked her soul.

Even though the rain wasn't stopping and it still showered the two lovers, they could still feel each other's warmth and comfort.

"Minari, do you know why I love the rain?" Chaeyoung asked innocently, still hugging his girlfriend tightly.

"Because you like to play in the rain." Mina replied quickly.

"Thanks for ruining my romantic pickup line, Minari." Chaeyoung whined sarcastically. Mina laughed at her favorite girl's whining and turned to see her with perfect eyes and a smile that only belongs to Chaeyoung.

"Of course I know." Mina remarked onfidently. "Because the rain was the witness when we were dating for the first time." the Japanese girl answered softly before the girls' lips connected with each other and spilled their love which bloomed like flowers.

The rain had always been a close friend of the two couples, although sometimes it's bothering to them, because it was the guest who witnessed the beginning of their love story without ever complaining.

At the cafe which was located not too far from the young couple, there was a girl, just as young, sitting on a chair alone as she was watching them kiss. The girl smiled bitterly and placed her arms on the table as she saw how happy they were to have each other. She was reminded of her stained relationship that used to be as perfect as theirs.

"How come in this Universe, the love story of me and Chaengie is perfect?" said Mina who came from the Universe of the oneshot Scent.