27

Amber walked over to Aimee as she walked into school. "Well?"

"I'm having a girl. My mum came with me."

Amber grinned. "A little goddaughter for me to spoil."

"Step-granddaughter actually. If you and my dad get it on again," Aimee said as she looked at her.

Amber glared. "You're not funny. I'm not even 20 yet."

"And neither am I. But I'm having a baby. I didn't ever want a kid. Now I'm stuck with this madam," Aimee said.

Amber sighed and looked at her. "You don't mean that babes. You love your little baby."

"I know I do. But at the same time, I haven't had the best upbringing have I? My dad was always too busy. And my mum? She was never around."

Amber took her hand. "I'm here for you babes. I'll be baby's daddy," she joked.

"Ha thanks."

***
Amber smiled as she saw Simon. He walked over to her and looked at her. "How are you?" He asked.

"I'm okay. I've decided to come back to school here. Obviously," she said as she looked at him.

"I've noticed. Are you okay though?"

Amber nodded and smiled. "You're having a granddaughter. Excited much?"

"I'm too young to be a grandad."

Amber grinned and walked off. She could feel the attraction to Simon coming back. And she couldn't help it. There was always a spark there between them.

***
Tom smiled at his daughter. He looked at her. "You okay?"!

"Yeah. I'm just annoyed of everyone asking how I am," Amber said as she took a sip of her water.

Tom laughed and nodded. He sighed. "I'm glad you're back. I've missed you," he said.

"I missed you too daddy. I'm back for good now," she told him.

Tom grinned. "Good."

***
Amber frowned as she heard Aimee sobbing. She walked into the bathroom ana saw her best friend. "Hey. What's happened?"

"Max. He told me he's contacted a lawyer about signing his rights over," she mumbled.

Amber sighed. "I'm sorry Aims. You both deserve better than that."

"Maybe I don't. Max doesn't want her. I didn't want her at first. And this is my payback. Having to do it alone," Aimee said as she wiped away her tears.

Amber took her hand. "I'm here for you. I promise. You're not going to be alone. You have everyone here."

Aimee sighed. "I guess. I just have to deal with this on my own."

***
Amber found herself walking to Simon's new house. He let her in and smiled. "Aimee is in bed. But come on in," he said.

Amber smiled and looked at him. She took a deep breath. "I can't stop thinking about you. And I know I shouldn't be. And I know that everything between us is so complicated at the moment, but I only ever want you."

Simon walked over to her. He pulled her into his arms and kissed her heatedly. "I only ever want you too," he said.

Their lips met again in a heated and passionate kiss. She wanted him more than anything. But with things with them getting serious again, would it work a second time around?