35

Amber knew how messed up everything had become. She had told Simon she wanted to end things. But he had told her he would sort it for her. For them.

She knew how she was having his baby. And she didn't want to do it alone. But she was scared of Helen. She didn't want it that way. She wanted it to be simple. But it wasn't.

It was far from simple. And Amber didn't know how much more she could cope with. She just wanted Helen to disappear.

Amber hated how it wasn't okay. She hated how she couldn't even be with the man she loved. It was all she wanted.

All she knew was that she had to somehow make it all simple. But she didn't know how.

She woke that morning and sighed as Tom walked in. He looked to her. "Come on. Aimee is here for you. She wants to talk to you," she said.

Amber sat up. She smiled as Aimee walked in. "What's going on?" She asked.

Aimee sat on the bed. She smiled. "My mum. She's gone. My dad told her he didn't want her around. He told her that she wasn't going to ruin his life anymore. Or mine. He told her to get lost. Or he was going to file a restraining order against her," she told her.

Amber's eyes widened. She looked to her. "Are you being serious?"

"Yep! The wicked witch has gone," Aimee told her.

Amber sat there in shock. Unable to believe Simon had sorted it for them.

***
Amber went into school. She saw Simon and walked over to him. "Aimee told me. Is it true?" She asked.

Simon nodded. "She's gone. And she won't come back. She doesn't deserve to be in Aimee's life. And I definitely don't want her back," he told her.

Amber smiled. "So what does this mean?"

"It means we're going to be together. I told you I would sort it for us. And I have. She won't tell your dad either. She has no leg to stand on," Simon said.

Amber smiled. She was thankful Simon had sorted it. But she was still worried. She knew how vindictive Helen was. And she knew she wouldn't just disappear like that.

***
Amber was sitting in the library. She looked up as Rhiannon walked in. She looked to Amber. "So Lowsley has been called into the office by Mulgrew. What's happened?" She asked.

"How am I supposed to know? Do I look like I'm his keeper?"

Rhiannon shrugged. "You're best friends with Aimee. And she's not here cause she had a baby. So text her and ask her to find out."

"Get lost."

***
Amber walked along the corridor. She saw Tom and smiled. "Hi dad," she said. She soon lost the smile when she saw the look on his face. "What's going on?"

"With me. Now."

Amber frowned as she followed him into the office. Christine Mulgrew was there. "What's going on?"

Christine turned her laptop to show Amber. She paled. On the screen there was a video. A video of her having sex with Simon.

She turned to Tom. "Dad I-."

Tom glared. "You're having an affair? With him?"

Amber looked to the floor. But could she be honest?