26

Amber was staying with Aimee for a couple of days. She had been staying with her mum while Simon was busy.

Aimee smiled as she walked into the room. "Hey. You okay?" She asked as she looked at her best friend.

Amber nodded and sighed. She looked at her. "I'm just... I'm a little worried about being back here."

Aimee smiled slightly. "I know. But you're back with me. Which is good cause I've missed you so much," she told her.

Amber rolled her eyes and grinned. She looked at her. She sighed. "How's your dad?" She asked.

Aimee shrugged. "He gave me back to my mum. Told me that he would have me back. Him and my mum are getting along."

Amber nodded and smiled. "Are him and your mum doing something?" She asked.

"No! My dad still has a flame for you. Trust me when I say that it was annoying as hell hearing him going on about you."

***
Amber was going into school. She was worried in case she saw Simon. But she knew she couldn't avoid it forever.

Amber looked at Aimee. "So. How's things with you and Mr Tyler?" She asked.

Aimee smiled. "That's over and done with. He dumped me and had a fling with my ex-step mother. I caught them. In the office," she said.

"Aimee. Wow."

"Oh don't worry about it. He knocked me up too. He doesn't want anything to do with it either," Aimee said.

***
Amber saw Simon standing outside. She sighed. "Aims. I don't think I can do this," she said. She knew she shouldn't have kept the secret that she was pregnant.

Aimee looked at her. "Don't worry. He won't be a jerk. Because I'll kick his arse," she told her.

Amber just nodded. She looked over at Simon. He had caught a glimpse of her and she saw the shock on his face.

***
Amber was sitting in the library. She heard the door open and saw Simon walking in. He looked at her. "So. You're back?" He asked.

Amber shrugged. "I don't know yet. I came to see Aimee. But I don't know what my options are yet. If I'm staying. Or if I'm going back to Rochdale."

Simon nodded. "So there's no point in me even trying to talk to you? Especially if you're going to run back to Rochdale."

Amber rolled her eyes. "You don't understand how hurt I am. You don't understand how it feels to have been through what I have, and not be broken."

"Amber."

Amber stood up and walked off. She wasn't in the mood for him. She needed some air.

***
Amber went back to Aimee's house with her. Aimee smiled and looked at her. "My mum said you can stay as long as you want. She's going away for a couple days. I'll be here alone."

Amber nodded and smiled. She sat down on the sofa. She sighed and looked at Aimee. "What do I do? Do I stay here. Or do I go back to Rochdale?" She asked.

Aimee smiled. "Do what you feel is best for you. I'd love to have you here for when I have bubs. But if you need to go back Rochdale, then go for it."

Amber just nodded. She just didn't know what to do. Could she stick around and risk falling for Simon again? Especially when her own father didn't even know she was back.

How long could Amber keep on denying what she felt for Simon?