33

Amber didn't know what to do. She felt like Helen was ruining her Simon. She felt it was like Helen wanted them to break up. And Amber didn't want to lose him. Not when she felt like they had gotten somewhere. And especially since they had Aimee's approval.

That morning, Amber woke. She heard her dad laughing so she walked into thru kitchen. She saw Aimee there with Esmè. "What's going on?" She asked as she looked to her.

Aimee smiled. "I'm kidnapping you. Esmè has her injections today. And I don't fancy going alone. Your dad has said it's okay," she said.

Tom smiled and nodded. "I've told Michael. He's fine with it," he said as he grabbed his jacket and left.

Aimee turned to Amber. She sighed. "So I heard my mother this morning. Telling my dad she's telling your dad about you and my dad. You need to be careful babes. My mum is a toxic bitch," she told her.

Amber groaned. She rolled her eyes. "I literally don't need your mum blackmailing me. It's the last thing I need right now."

"I've told her to back off. But she never listens to me. Why else do you think I hate her?"

"I don't need the stress. My head is a mess already. And I just don't know how much longer I can cope with it," Amber all but sobbed.

Aimee took her hand. "It will be okay. I'll fix this for you. I promise."

***
The two girls arrived at school. Amber saw Simon and sighed. Aimee smiled. "You can go and talk to him you know."

"No. In case your bitchy mum says something. I won't be held accountable for my actions," Amber said as she looked to her.

Aimee smiled. "I'm sorry my toxic bitch of a mother turned up."

"It's not your fault."

***
Amber was sitting in the common room. She looked up as Simon walked in. She sighed. "Helen was there this morning wasn't she?" She asked.

Simon nodded and sighed. "I didn't want her there. She was threatening to tell your dad."

Amber scoffed. "I don't know how much longer I can do this Simon. I really don't."

Simon looked to her. "You can't end us. I love you too much."

"I love you too. But this isn't worth all the hassle. And if my dad finds out, he will kill both me and you."

Simon frowned. "Do you not think we're worth it? Everything we've been through?" He asked.

Amber sighed. "I think we're worth it. But the stress is too much for me," she said as she stood up and walked off.

Simon sat there and watched her. He knew that he loved her and wanted to make them work. But he didn't want her to feel tense and stressed all the time.

***
Amber sat in the canteen. Aimee walked over. She smiled. "What's up with your face?"

"I told your dad I wanted to end it. The stress doesn't feel worth it," Amber mumbled as she looked to her.

Aimee frowned. "Don't let my mum do that to you. You're good together!" She said.

"I know. But if she wants to tell my dad, then what? What's stopping her?" Amber said as she wiped away some tears.

Aimee took her hand and smiled. She knew how her best friend was feeling. But could she stop her mum from trying to ruin Amber's life?