ꜱᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ, ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ

I woke up with no sign of any Bucky.

I was tucked in my bed, a blanket over the top of the duvet as well. I turned over just to check he wasn't hiding in another corner of the room, and my arm dug in a little to something.

A little piece of paper, neatly folded in half, with the word 'y/n' on the front.

I smiled groggily as I opened it and recognised the handwriting, even in my dazed state.

It read:

• Y/n. I'm out with Steve to DC today for some sort of business Tony wants us to clear up with Thaddeus Ross. Don't forget to eat a good amount and call me if you need anything- I asked Steve how you use a phone again and I listened this time when he showed me. Have a good day :) •
Bucky.

I must've fell asleep when we were talking.

I missed him already.

Something strange happened that day.

It was evening, I was sitting in the lounge Around all of the team- apart from Bucky and Steve of course- when all of a sudden a burning pain shot through one of my fingers.

I winced as I brought my hands up to inspect. There was nothing there, but the pain came from the finger with the ring on it.

To be honest, in all of the time since I'd talked to Tony and seen the stones, I'd forgotten all about it.

I'm not sure if others did, or if they just didn't ask me anything about It because they'd forgotten too. But it quickly became something that faded into the background of everyday life- as normal as that could be anyway being an avenger.

I took the ring off and headed upstairs to my room with it, telling the team I just had to go to the bathroom.

When I was sure I was alone in my room, I slid it back on and it wasn't burning anymore.

This is where things went downhill.

I wish I didn't but in that moment, I extended my hand, stretching. The sound of glass breaking shocked me senseless as my head whipped up to see my windows completely shattered.

I groaned loudly, seeing the shards scattered everywhere on my floor and the harsh breeze whipping through the room.

I wasn't concentrating on destroying that. I didn't want to. I've extended my hand previously god knows how many times, it's just a daily thing you have to do for daily tasks, but i had never broken anything then.

The whole concept just baffled me.

The door swung open then and I pivoted round quickly to see Tony and Bruce in the doorway.

"Y/n. What the hell?" My father questioned as I tried to stay as still as I could on the spot.

"Guys if I were you I wouldn't come anywhere near me at the moment." I darted my eyes down to the ring, avoiding moving my hands so not to cause any further damage.

Then, something that caused me to almost flip over on the spot, an alarm, loud and clear ringing out in the building. Then F.R.I.D.A.Y's voice from inside my room and out in the hallway

"I'm afraid there's been a security breach. Approximately 50 HYDRA soldiers are entering the building."

I didn't have time to contemplate as Instinct set in. The name sent me sprinting into action despite shouts from my father to stay put. I was halfway down a corridor when F.R.I.D.A.Y alerted.

"Miss incoming 4 soldiers down the east stairwell."

I was right by the east stairwell.

I wasn't sure wether to run to the fight, or let it come to me. Either way they'd be here in 10 seconds or less. As if on cue, the sound of heavy footsteps and shouting in Russian became louder.