The Rain

After Newt left, I ran towards Chuck, my head was in the clouds. I kissed him. I ran upstairs, and Chuck was sitting on his bed. "Chuck you wont believe what happened," I said while I sat next to him. "Tell me" I saw Gally looking our way too."I kissed Newt," I said with a sparkle in my eye. "omg are you two together now?" I looked to the ground. "I don't know, I hope," I smiled. I was here 3 weeks and already in love. "You're the first girl here, of course does Newt fall for you, he just needs someone" I heard Gally say. Wait... what if he was right? My happiness turned into fear. What if he just needed someone. I went silent. Gally walked towards Chuck and me. "We didn't see a girl for 3 years, think about it" I looked at him. I couldn't stop a tear from leaving my eye. "don't listen to him Addi, I'm sure Newt loves you," Chuck said while he grabbed my hand. I didn't know what to say. "let's go down for dinner," I said while I walked away. "great job Gally" I heard Chuck say before he followed me downstairs. We walked towards the campfire, so we could eat something. I saw Newt standing and tried to walk the other way. Maybe it was a fault to kiss him. I thought. Newt saw me and walked towards me. "you want something to eat?" he asked while putting an arm around my shoulder. "no thankyou I'm not that hungry," I said, trying not to cry. "your okay," I thought about what to answer. "yea just tired," I said. I felt awful. "I'm going to sleep, goodnight Newt," I said while I gave him a kiss on the cheek. I walked to the forest and sat down against a tree. It all started like a dream but ended in a nightmare.

I woke up early in the morning. I stood up and walked through the Glade. I saw Chuck and the greenie sitting before the tree. I walked towards them. The greenie looked a lot better than yesterday. "Hey Addi, meet Thomas," Chuck said while pointing at the new guy. "well, nice to meet ya Thomas, Im Addison but they call me Addi" I reached out my hand. He shook it. "Im Thomas" I sat down next to them."Give me a sandwich. I'm starving" I said while looking at Chuck. He handed me a sandwich, and I started eating. "what is your job here?" Thomas asked all of the sudden. "I'm a medjack and I take care of the runners if they come back from the maze" I said while looking at Thomas. "what will your job be here you think?" He looked at the walls. "I want to be a runner," I spit my drink out. "a runner?" "yea, I want to find a way out," he said. I looked at Chuck. "you need to be chosen," Chuck said. "How can I?" I sighed. "enough questions for today Thomas lets go to Newt and ask what your first task will be" I said while I stood up. We walked towards Newt. "good morning darling, how did you sleep?" my eyes widened. He just called me darling. It felt comfortable. "I slept great thanks, what's the first task for the greenie here" I pointed at Thomas. "he'll work with me and Chuck today" I looked at Thomas. "okay I'm going to the medjacks, Minho has something" I said while I left them. I walked to the place where the beds were standing. Minho was sitting on one of them. "whats wrong?" I said while checking him. "nothing much, my ankle just hurts" I looked at his ankle. It was swollen, blue and warm. Just like Chuck the first day I became a med jack. "It's bruised, you need to stay out the maze one day," I said while walking to the next one. "No, that's not fair, don't you have something to heal it?" I looked back. I knew how much the Maze ment for him. I looked at the ankle again. "Wait here." I walked towards Frypan."hey Addi whats up" I looked in the kitchen. "do you got some ice or something cold" he looked with a weird face. "I got some cold water, can I ask why?"He got some water."Mihno got his ankle bruised but wants to go to the maze in an hour so I'm trying to get rid of the swelling. He gave the water, and I walked back to Minho. I put his feet in the water and the swelling disappeared. "It will hurt when you run but this is the most I can do," I said with a smile. Minho his eyes sparkled. "thanks Addi" he hugged me and went outside. The rest of the day I helped Frypan with making food. All of the sudden the sun went away and made place for big clouds. It started raining. Everyone rushed inside except for me.

This was the first time I felt rain again. I laughed when I saw all the boys looking at me. Chuck ran towards me. "what are you doing you'll get sick" I laid down and laughed. "It never rains, let's enjoy it" Chuck shook his head and laid next to me. I sang a song while I stood up again. I grabbed Chuck's hands, and we danced in the rain. "Newt come," I yelled. Newt hesitated but ran towards us. "your crazy," he said with a smile. He grabbed my waist and pulled me in for a kiss. This was the best feeling I ever had. More and more guys started to join us in the rain. Even Gally came towards us and danced while I was singing a song. We all laughed and rolled in the grass. It felt like home.