Time To Move On

FOUR YEARS LATER

We were sitting at the campfire like every night. Today was exactly four years ago that we arrived at the safe haven. We drank and laughed. Gally helped me get over Newt and Teresa. He taught me to life with it. I was very thankful. Still, every day I thought about Newt. I never took the ring off as well. It was a part of me. Every day I looked at it. Just like the necklace. I never took it off. We made the safe haven bigger. It had some real houses now. Gally and I shared one. Next to us were Brenda and Frypan. They said they weren't dating, but obviously they liked each other. On the other side from us, Minho had a little house. We were all very happy. We were safe, finally.

I looked at Gally. He was happy as well. He was friends with everyone. He had the biggest change from everyone. A good one. I must say, he never left my side after Newt died. The first days were the hardest. I cried every day. But Gally was always there. Maybe I liked him, maybe I didn't. I just needed time. I kept repeating that sentence over 4 years. I just needed time. But it wasn't easy to lose the love of your life and your sister. Minho and I were good friends. No, not good friends. Best friends. We laughed about everything. The dead from Newt hit him hard as well. He thought it was his fault, that he wasn't fast enough. Then you had Aris. He had a happy relation with Sonya. Those 2 were made for each other. We were still good friends. Frypan still cooked every day, just like he did in the glade. The glade... sometimes I missed it. But this place, it was good as well. Newt would have loved it. And of course Thomas. He had a hard time with the dead of his two best friends as well. But, he made it. He saved us. I found a cure with Vince. We were safe here. The only thing was the beach. It was beautiful, don't get me wrong but it reminded me of my wedding. One which would never come. Well, maybe. But not with Newt. I missed laying in his arms. I looked at the other people. They seemed happy.

Gally looked at me. His smile was beautiful. Maybe it was time to move on? I didn't know. I stood up and walked to the beach. Of Course Gally followed. He never left me alone, afraid he would lose me. "you still think about him don't you?" Gally asked. I looked at the water. "I will never stop doing that," he smiled. "I know" he stood next to me. Watching the water as well. "he would be proud of you, that you try to move on" I nodded. I looked at Gally. "there is one guy I like, but is it time to already move on?" Gally looked at me. "who is the lucky guy?" we laughed. "It's time to move on if you're ready," he said. I looked him in the eyes. I kissed him softly. It was time to move on. I was ready.