Confrontation With a Griever

Thomas and I both started running, I heard the griever running behind me. I ran left and saw Thomas going right. The griever hesitated who to follow but went after me. Of course. I thought while I started running even faster. I looked behind me and saw the griever coming closer. I went right and left but the griever cut me off and was in front of me. I stood still for a sec, but I ran even faster after. I run left and heard the griever behind me. I looked left and right but it was a dead end. "shit" I climbed up the ivy and someone helped me up."Run" it was Thomas. We ran higher and higher but already soon there was a cliff. We looked behind us. "We need to jump," Thomas said. "your crazy, we won't make it" the griever came closer."we don't have a choice" he grabbed my hand and we jumped into the ivy. I almost fell but Thomas pulled me up. "fuck that was scary, we lost it," I said while we tried climbing down. Before Thomas could say something as well the griever jumped into the ivy as well. I fell all the was down on the ground. I couldn't move, my leg hurt so bad. Thomas came down as well and pulled me up. "fuck Thomas I cant it hurts too much," I said. I looked behind me and saw that the griever was stuck in the ivy. Thomas grabbed my arm and put it around his shoulder. We tried to run as fast as possible because the griever got out of the ivy again. I tried to run on my own and didn't think about the pain which was stabbing in my leg. I walked against Minho and screamed. "oh my god your still alive," I said. He looked at my leg. "you got stung?" I looked at him "fell down" "can you still run?" I hesitated."it hurts like hell but I have to" he looked at me but much time to talk was not there because the griever found us again. Minho ran through a pad. "I got an idea," Thomas yelled. I looked at him. "tell me" "run right then I run left, big chance that the griever will choose to run after me. When I yell you have to scream as loud as you can, the griever will turn around and I have time to get Alby, this pad will close. So if you take the griever to this pad again then I take Alby through this pad and we meet on the other side. The griever will get stuck in it" I tried to remember everything he just said and started running to the right.

Thomas was right and the griever followed him. After a few minutes I heard Thomas yell. I took a deep breath and screamed as loud as I could. First I thought the plan failed but then I heard the griever running towards me. I waited till he saw me and started running, first left then left again. Straight ahead and right. I needed to give Thomas as much time as I could. I felt my leg stabbing. It hurt like hell. I went right again and saw Thomas running with Alby at the pad with Minho. They were at the end and the pad started to close. "Addi run!" I heard Thomas yell. I started running as fast as I could the griever was right behind me. "don't look back!" Minho yelled. I saw the walls coming closer. And right before I thought I was going to fall down because of my leg I was at the end and the pad closed with the griever in it. "You did it," Thomas said. "we did it."

We saw that the sun was coming up again. "The doors will open in an hour, let's wait there," Minho said. I couldn't stand on my leg anymore and fell down. "Addi!" Thomas ran towards me. "Thomas it hurts too much I can't" tears were streaming down my face."come on just a few metres," Minho said while he helped me up. I stumbled to the giant doors and sat against the wall. "we made it," I said. I was so relieved. Everyone was safe. The doors opened and the first one I saw was Newt. He ran towards us. "oh my god Addison you're alive" I fell inside his arms. I couldn't get up anymore. I was exhausted. "I'm so happy to see you," he said while tears were running down his face. Chuck came towards us. "did you and Thomas see a griever?" I wanted to say something but Minho interrupted. "they didn't just see one. They killed one" I smiled just before I passed out.

When I woke up the first thing, I heard were voices. "it isn't her bloody fault. She tried to help Minho" "she broke the shucking rules" I opened my eyes. Newt walked towards me. I was laying in his bed. He kissed me on the head. I saw Gally leaving. Teresa walked towards me as well. "You left me alone," she said while she laughed. I smiled. I wanted to stand up but fell down in pain. "Your leg is badly bruised Addi, I don't know how you kept running but you're a go-getter," I smiled. "How is Alby doing?" I said while I sat down. "We gave him a serum, and it worked, he is grateful to you, you saved his life" I looked down."but I did broke the rules. "don't worry about that love. I'll defend you, I'm so proud of you," he said while he kissed my cheek again.