We Can't Go Back

I screamed. Just as I thought I was safe, that I was home. It got ruined. We heard people screaming and saw people running. Thomas grabbed my hand. Things were exploding and catching fire. "I need to find Newt'' I said with tears in my eyes. Thomas nodded and we started running. We first ran towards the tent from Brenda. It was on fire. "No," I whispered. "Brenda!" Thomas yelled. Brenda grabbed our hands. "your trying to get yourself killed? come on" she dragged us with her. She took us to Jorge, and we started running. We took cover behind the car. "we have to go," Jorge said. "Now, we still have a chance" Thomas and I looked at each other. I hugged Brenda and Jorge. "thankyou for all the help but we need to help our friends' ' While we wanted to stand up Jorge stopped us."No! Look! Look!"he pointed at them. They were standing on a car. Surrounded by WICKED soldiers. "You can't help them," Brenda said. Suddenly we heard them scream. They all fell down. I screamed, but Brenda covered my mouth with her hand. "shh they will hear us" I saw them taking them."shit," Thomas whispered. Jorge looked at us. "I'm sorry, there is just nothing you can do now for them" Brenda grabbed my hand. "If we don't move now, we won't be better off," she said. I looked at Thomas. I saw he had the same Idea as me. "You guys need to go right now, we need to help them, we can't leave them," Brenda and Jorge hesistaded."we will meet again," Brenda said. Then they ran off. I grabbed Thomas his hand. "let's go."

Thomas stood up. "your sure?" he said. "100 procent, we can't leave them," he nodded. We walked towards the others. They were all sitting on their knees. "Where are Thomas and Addison? We heard Janson say. "right here," Thomas said. I squeezed his hand. He looked at us. A WICKED soldier grabbed us and brought us to Janson. He made me sit next to Minho. "why didn't you guys run?" he said. "we are tired of running" Thomas got taken to Janson. "Thomas'' he said while he smiled. He punched him in the stomach. I yelled. "get him in line," Janson said while they grabbed Thomas. "your okay?" I asked. He nodded. A big helicarrier came down. Ava Paige came out. We all looked at her. "is this all of them?" she asked Janson. "it will be enough" she looked at him."start loading them in''

They started to get people into the helicarrier. Suddenly Teresa appeared behind Ava. Minho looked at her. "what the fuck, what is she doing?" I looked at him. "she is with them. She betrayed us" Ava made me stand up. I thought you would do the same," I laughed. "I will never betray my friends" I looked at Teresa."I'm sorry, I had no choice, this is the only way" I looked at her with tears in my eyes. "you did have a fucking choice Teresa. We were friends. I'm your damn sister and you still betray me, Thomas, Minho, Everyone. We thought we could trust you" She looked at me. "we have to find a cure" Ava looked at me."she is right Addison, come with us and I promise you will be safe" I looked at her in disbelief. "No, I'm not like Teresa. I stay with my friends, even if that will kill me" Ava looked down. "No matter what you think of me, I'm not a monster. I'm a doctor. I swore an oath to find a cure! No matter the cost" she looked at us. "I just need more time," Mary laughed. "more blood" she walked towards Ava."hello Mary, I hoped we'd meet again, Im sorry it had to be under these circumstances" Mary looked at her. "I'm sorry about a lot of things too, but not this. At least my conscience is clear" Ava looked at her while we heard a gunshot"so is mine,"

I screamed. Janson shot Mary in her stomach. I wanted to run towards her, but soldiers stopped me. Suddenly they started to grab Aris and Sonya. Thomas stepped towards them and grabbed something out of his jacket. It was a bomb. "everybody get back! Get back!" Janson ran towards the soldiers."stand back, hold fire" Thomas looked at Janson. "stay back and let them go'' Janson tried to talk to him."Thomas, put it down," Thomas yelled. "let them all go!" Ava backed off. "You know I can't do that," Teresa walked towards him."Thomas please stop, I made a deal with them. They promised we'd be safe, all of us" I walked towards her. "how can we still believe you huh?" I backed off to Thomas. "If you do it, I'll go with you" I grabbed his hand. Newt came towards me. "me too" I saw Minho hesitating."your shanks are right, we can't go back" Frypan joined as well. "listen to her Thomas, think about what you are doing," Janson said. "You don't want to kill all your friends do you?" Thomas looked at us. We nodded as a sign it was okay. "Minho is right, we can't go back. And so is Addison. We trusted you Teresa. We will never do that again '' We all grabbed each other's hands. Newt looked at me. "we will be together in the end I promise" he whispered. I closed my eyes, waiting for it to happen.