The Letter

I was still laying in Newt his arms. I couldn't leave him. "we will get married on the beach love, and I'll wear a beautiful dress. I hate wearing a dress but I'll wear one for you" Suddenly we heard Teresa talking. "Thomas, can you hear me? I need you to listen to me. I know you haven't a reason to trust me. But I need you to come back. Thomas, you can safe Newt" I looked up. "That's too late" I grabbed Newt's hand. I heard Teresa talking further. "there is still a chance for him. There is a reason Brenda isn't sick anymore, it's your blood. Do you understand? She isn't sick because you cured her. She doesn't have to be the only one. All you have to do is come back. Then it will be all over. Please", Thomas looked at me. "Brenda, take care of her. I need to get back. Ava Paige is not dead yet."

I watched Thomas leave. I wanted to stop him, but I couldn't leave Newt. I saw Minho and Gally coming as well. "what is..." Gally didn't finish and saw me lying next to Newt. "oh darling" he walked towards me. He tried to pull me away. "I can't leave him," I said while I cried. Minho kneeled next to me. "Addi, we have to go" Gally looked at him and shook his head. "leave already, she needs some time" he nodded and walked away with Brenda. "listen to me. Newt didn't want you laying here with him. He wants you to go with us. I'll be with you all the time Addison '' I looked at Gally. He pulled me in a hug. I started crying even harder. After a while Gally helped me up. I looked one more time at the body from Newt. I kissed his cheek. Gally grabbed my hand. "come."

We walked towards the helicarrier. "he asked me to marry him" Gally looked at me."I know, I gave him the ring" I looked at my hand. "It's pretty," Is said while tears filled my eyes again. We arrived at the helicarrier. Frypan was there as well. "Come here" he hugged me."I'm so proud of you" he said while he rubbed my back. He backed off. "You still look beautiful even though your mascara is all over your cheek. I smiled. Minho walked towards me. "come here little one" he hugged me tightly."he is in a better place now" I nodded. We flew to the top of the WICKED building. It was completely on fire. "Thomas will make it right?" I said while I looked out of the window. Gally rubbed my back. "of course, he knows what he is doing."

After a while I saw Teresa and Thomas coming. "Something is wrong with Thomas," I yelled. We opened the hatch. "Thomas, you have to jump!" I yelled. Thomas tried to jump and Brenda got his hand. He fell back. Teresa pushed him. Minho and Brenda grabbed his hand. They pulled him up. "Teresa grab my hand," I yelled. She looked at me. "I'm sorry" suddenly the building next to it fell. The building Teresa was standing on collapsed. She fell as well. I screamed. Gally pulled me back. I cried in his arms. "its okay, cry it out"

I woke up in bed. I looked around. Thomas was laying in a bed next to me. I stood up. "Thomas, where are we?" he opened his eyes. He stood up as well. We walked outside the tent we were laying in. The sun hit us. We looked around. Everywhere were tents and people walking around. We walked around. We saw Minho and Gally sitting. They stood up and walked towards us. Gally hugged me and Minho hugged Thomas. "Welcome to the safe haven," Gally said.

We sat down at a campfire. Gally gave me some food and something to drink. There was a big stone in the middle. "We have come a long way together, so many sacrificed themselves," Vince said while he looked at us. Gally squeezed my hand. "there happened so much to make this place possible. Your friends, your family. So here's to the ones who can't be here" Vince raised his glass. So did we. I had tears in my eyes. "here's to the friends we lost, the family we lost. This place is for you. For all of us. But this..."he pointed at a large stone in the middle."this is for them. So on your own time, in your own way. Carve their names in it. Welcome to the safe haven!"we all yelled. Gally and I were the first who walked towards the stone. He gave me the carving tool. "lady's first," I smiled and took the tool. I hesitated. "I. I can't" Gally looked at me. He grabbed my hand. He guided me. After a while Newt his name was carved into the stone just like Teresa. "it's. it's perfect," I said while I started to cry. He hugged me.

I walked to the beach. I sat down and looked at the sun. I looked at the necklace Newt gave me. There was something in it. It was a note. I opened it.

"Dear Addison,                                                                                                                                                                This is the first letter I remember writing. But if it's not my first, it's likely to be my last. I want you to know that I'm not scared. Well, not of dying anyway, it's more the forgetting. It's losing myself to the virus, that's what scares me. So every night I've been saying their names out loud. Alby, Winston, Chuck, and I just repeat them over and over like a prayer and it all comes flooding back. Just the little things, like the way the sun use to hit the glade at that at the perfect moment, right before it'd slip beneath the walls. And I remember the taste of Frypans stew. I'd never thought I'd miss that stuff so much. I remember you singing at the bonfire, our little place in the woods or dancing in the rain. I remember you. I remember you first coming up in the box, just a scared little greenie, who couldn't even remember her own name. I was in love with you the first time I saw you Addison. If I could do it all over again I would, and I wouldn't change a thing. My hope for you is when your looking back, years from now, is that you'll stay the same. That you find a man and marry him, on the beach. The future is in your hands now Addi and I know you'll find a way to do what's right, you always have. Take care of everyone for me. And take care of yourself. Don't cry too long about me because I will be with you every hour of the day. You deserve to be happy, Thank you for being my girlfriend. Goodbye, love

Newt"