The Scorch

We started walking again. We walked through a building. It was pretty decayed. People haven't been here in ages. We walked into a city. At least, what was left. We looked around us. "bloody hell, I don't think we can find people here" Newt said."if we do then it are probably cranks" Frypan joked. We walked farther while we kept an eye on Winston. It was really hot outside, and our water started to run out. I was wearing a t-shirt, and I saw that my arms were getting burned. I touched it. "fuck that hurts" Newt looked at me. He took off his jacket. "Cover up your arms darling, I don't want you to get a bad sunburn" I smiled at him. "thankyou" We stopped walking for a minute to look around. Thomas and I were talking about Winston when all of the sudden we heard a noise. "shhh," Thomas said to the others. "do you hear that?" he whispered. People looked up and shook their heads. The sound was getting harder. "fuck everybody hide," Thomas yelled.

We ran towards a building and took cover. In the air there was a helicopter. "probably searching for us," Teresa said. After the helicopter had been out of sight, we walked farther. After an hour we were out of the city. We started climbing a big sand hill. Minho offered me the last bit of water. I couldn't resist it and drank it. I left a bit for Winston and gave it to him. When we were on the top, we stopped. A lot of kilometres farther there were the mountains. "that is where we are heading," Thomas said. I sighed. "That's pretty far, Winston, you think you can walk further?" I asked while I saw him closing his eyes. He fell down. "Winston!" Thomas yelled. We ran towards him. With scraps we made a bed so we could carry him. We pulled him all the way over the sand. Switching every time because it was so heavy. Eventually, we stopped at a place with some small broken buildings to take shelter from a sandstorm. Frypan took off his shoes and turned them around. A lot off sand fell out. I couldn't help but giggled. Thomas and Teresa left to talk. I sat against Newt. I was tired and thirsty. Aris walked up to me. "When we are at the Right arm, it is safe, it's not that far anymore," I smiled at him. "that's good."

We were all sitting in the sand, tired. We tried to rest but Winston was restless. He kept turning and gasping for air. I walked towards him. "hey, it's okay. We are here for you it's not that far anymore" Minho joined me and patted him on his shoulder. "hold on Winston '' Suddenly Winston grabbed Minho's pocket, he grabbed the gun and tried to shoot himself. I grabbed his arms just in time, so the bullet flew to the other side. I pinned one of his arms down while Minho pinned the other. Everyone ran towards us. "what happened?" Thomas said. "I don't know, he just grabbed the gun and shot," I said. Winston looked up. "please, please, don't let me turn in one of those things'' he held his hand up. Newt grabbed the gun from the ground. "Newt, what are you going to do?'' Frypan said. Newt kneeled down by Winston. He gave him the gun. My eyes started to water. "thankyou," Winston whispered. "now, get out of here."

Newt stood up. Minho walked towards Winston. "I'm proud you has got so far man," he said. I couldn't help it, but a tear left my eye. I walked towards him as well. I gave him a kiss on his hair. "Chuck will take care of you," he smiled at me. "just like Alby," he said with a smile. I cried softly. "thank you for being my friend Winston," I said while I stood up again. Everyone said goodbye and I grabbed Newt his hand. "Let's go," Thomas said. I looked back one more time and followed them. While we were walking, we suddenly heard a gunshot. Everyone went silent. "rest well," I whispered while I squeezed Newt's hand more. We kept walking in the sun. It was really warm and we were all tired. How badly we wanted to stop, we kept moving. It was slow, but it was something. My arms were burning. I was happy Newt gave me his jacket. I looked at his arms. Happily he had a hoodie. When it started to get dark, we stopped walking. We all sat down. "Let's try to sleep, then tomorrow we can walk further," Thomas said. I turned to Newt. I laid down in his arms. "goodnight love," he said. Before I could say something back I already fell asleep.

We got woken up by Thomas. "what's the matter?" I said tired. "there is a storm coming, and look there is shelter" he pointed at a large building with light. Suddenly we heard thunder. The storm was getting close. Everyone stood up. Lightning struck behind us. "fuck, run" Newt yelled. We all started running. The storm was not far behind us. There was a lot of thunder and lightning was striking next to us. One lighting bolt came just next to us. I fell down. Newt was saying things but the only thing I heard was a beep. He helped me up. Next to me was Minho laying. We carried him the last bit. We all ran inside the building. "lay Minho down," I said. I walked towards him and felt his heartbeat. I heard if he was still breathing. Everyone looked at me. "He is still breathing," I said. Everyone signed out of relief. Suddenly Minho made some noise. "owh," I laughed. "your okay shank?" he looked at me and got up. "What happened?" Thomas kneeled next to him. ''You got hit by lightning," Minho smiled. "Cool," Teresa interrupted us. "what's that smell here" Suddenly the lights went on. Cranks on chains wanted to get to us. Newt stepped before me. "I see you met our guard dogs" A familiar voice said.