Six

Six: Talking Computers

Sam Wilson sat in his house, wandering around his room as his mind raced

Sam Wilson sat in his house, wandering around his room as his mind raced. What could Lydia possibly be busy with? What had happened since the hospital? He knew she worked a lot, and that she always reassured him she was fine yet the man continued to worry about his best friend. He wasn't sure what he would do if he lost her, you can't exactly replace over twenty year of memories with someone overnight or even in a few weeks.

He simply waited, he wasn't sure what was happening, but he had the feeling she'd come by soon, she always did..right?

------------------------------------------------------

The trio climbed out of the car, Lydia immediately scanning the area ahead as she approached it.

"This camp is where I was trained" Steve spoke aloud, making Natasha look at him as she paused

"Change much?" she asked, Lydia touched a wall, immediately regretting it as it was extremely dirty.

"A little" Steve answered, looking like he was lost in a thought. Lydia paused, hearing a voice, "Rogers! I said fall in!" she turned to look at Steve noticing he wasn't moving.

"This is a dead end. Zero heat signatures, zero waves, not even radio" Natasha said, pulling them out of their trance.

"What about that?" Lydia pointed out toward a building, making Steve raise an eyebrow.

"Army regulations forbid storing munitions within 500 yards of the barracks" She said, almost surprising herself as she did so

"She's right, this building is in the wrong place" Steve continued

"How did you know that?" Natasha asked her in a hushed whisper, to which Lydia shrugged.

Steve broke the lock, leading them into the building, as Nat flipped a switch. They noticed almost right away it was SHIELD. Or it's start anyway.

"There's Stark's father," Natasha stated, "Howard" Steve added on, before looking at another picture on the wall.

"Who's the girl?" Natasha asked, Steve stood for a moment before walking away

Lydia knew of course, who it was but decided to not say anything and instead followed Steve.

------------------------------------------------------

Natasha plugged in the flash drive, everything turning on as the screen lit up with a question. Natasha answered, Lydia taking in everything around them.