Eight

Eight: The Winter Soldier

Sam sat at a table, watching the group of people from afar as Lydia sat next to him, sipping her drink

Sam sat at a table, watching the group of people from afar as Lydia sat next to him, sipping her drink. Jasper's phone began to ring, prompting him to answer it.

"Yes sir?"

"Agent Sitwell, how was lunch" Sam spoke into the phone, "I hear the crab cakes here are delicious"

"Who is this?" Jasper asked

"The good-looking guy in the sunglasses, with a beautiful girl next to him, your ten o'clock"

Lydia smirked as Jasper turned, eventually facing the duo. She raised her glass to him, giving a slight nod as Sam gave the man directions.

----------------------------------------------------

Arms crossed, Lydia stood neat the door of the rooftop as Steve questioned Jasper, taking him neat the edge with Natasha. Lydia looked up as Natasha kicked Jasper, the man yelling and falling over the edge.

"Oh wait what about that girl from accounting..Laura?" Natasha turned to Steve

"Lillian. Lip piercing right?" Steve asked, noticing Lydia kicking herself off the wall and walking toward them

"Yeah she's cute" Natasha said

Steve shook his head, "Nah, I'm not ready for that"

Lydia paused as she heard Jasper yelling and watched as he tumbled onto the roof, Sam throwing him and making a rather majestic landing.

"That was cool Birdy" Lydia whispered, walking next to him

"Thanks Pigeon" He whispered back

"Zola's algorithm, it's a program!" Jasper rushed out as everyone surrounded him. "For choosing, insights targets."

"What targets?" Steve questioned

"You! A TV anchor in Caro, the Under Secretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone's who a threat to HYDRA. Now, or in the future"

Lydia shifted on her feet, sharing a slight look with Natasha who briefly nodded.

"How could it know" Steve asked, to which Jasper laughed. "How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores." Jasper spoke, explaining majority of things.