III

III
Ultron

Many kisses were shared that night between Lydia Marie and Sam Wilson

Many kisses were shared that night between Lydia Marie and Sam Wilson. The two were practically inseparable, Sam keeping an arm around her the whole night. But to them, things seemed so natural given how long they'd known each other. They were already so close.

As people cleared out, soon it was just the team, Maria, Rhodey, and Sam left. Everyone sat around on chairs or couches, talking, some still drinking. Lydia was sat on Sam's lap, leaned into him. She knew all the teasing would happen more once he left, but they endured it for now after they announced it and received a mix of "Congratulations!" "Finally" and "Oh my God I'm so happy"

"But it's a trick" Clint said, to which Thor laughed

"No, no, it's much more than that"

"Ah whosoever be worthy, shall haveth the power" Clint mocked in a deep voice, "Whatever man it's a trick!"

"Please be my guest" Thor said, pointing to Mjölnir on the table

Lydia laughed, sipping her soda as she sat up straighter to watch

"Oh this is gonna be beautiful" Rhodes commented

"Clint you've had a tough week" Tony said, "We won't hold it against you if you can't get it up"

"You know I've seen this before right?" Clint said to Thor

The man grabbed the handle, attempting to lift it. "I still don't know how you do it" he stated, laughing

"Smell the silent judgment?" Tony commented

"Please Stark, by all means" Clint insisted,

"Oh this is gonna be adventure" Lydia whispered to Sam

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge" Tony said standing up, "It's physics"

"Right so if I lift it, I then rule Asgard?" He asked Thor,

"Yes of course" Thor replied

"I will be reinstituting prima nocta" Tony said, attempting to lift it but failing. He walked away, coming back a moment later with part of his suit. Still with the part of the suit, he was unable to lift it. He even asked Rhodes for help.

Next Bruce tried, failing and acting like he was about to Hulk out (that gained no laughs for anyone, expect Lydia who then made Sam laugh seeing how she laughed)

Then Steve stood up, everyone commenting quietly and cheering. He tried and it moved very slightly, making Thors eyes widen before Steve held his hands up in defeat.

"Nothing" Thor laughed,

"And, Widow?" Tony prompted, everyone looking at Nat

"Oh no that's not something I need answered" She said, shaking her head slightly