When The Couple Goes to a Party

Remington Leith is a 22 year old who is trying to get out of a hateful relationship. Josie Quinn is everything an average man would want; blonde, petite, nails always done, just drop dead gorgeous. She has a small butterfly tattooed on her hip and is anything but relaxed. She is wearing her black stiletto heels while walking hastily to a party thrown by a colleague she despises. The only reason she is going? To meet people in the music industry and trying to get a one up. Her dress is tight, with a v going down her cleavage. Everything about her is exquisite. But to her boyfriend? He just wants out. Her black dress does nothing for him. Never has. They met when she had her first show at the local bar. Her band was so fresh, excited, and energetic. He missed when he had that motivation with Palaye. All of his friends told him to go after her after the show, get to know her. He was so hesitant but this is what normal guys do, right? If only he can take it all back...

"Remington!" He blinks out of his daydream. Her voice used to be so quiet and sweet. Now it is loud, shrill, annoying. He runs his hand through his blonde spiky hair, trying not to show how stressed he is about going to a party with so many potential big names and having to deal with her ridiculousness. "Yes, Jos, what is it?" "You and your brothers must introduce me to everyone you know. You know how important this is to me. My band needs a break and this is it! I expect you to be on your best behavior. Do not embarrass me."

Remington roles his eyes. Yes, because HE is the one that will be embarrassing her. She is starting to become a huge alcoholic. This party will definitely get her going on one of her tirades about how The Crimsoned Roses are the best thing that will happen to LA. Except for one thing; her ego gets in the way so often that no one has wanted to sign them. 

The couple reaches the mansion and opens the door. "Remington!" His brothers yell in unison. He smiles and embraces them. It's been so long since he's seen Emerson and Sebastian. Emerson looks at his brother's girlfriend. "Hey....Josie. How's, uh, the band going?"

Josie scoffs, "You mean The Crimsoned Roses?" She picks up a drink being carried by a waiter. "Start memorizing it boys, tonight I have a feeling we will get our chance. Just don't fuck it up for me."

Remington looks at his brothers and rolls his eyes. Sebastian chuckles. As Josie walks off in a hurry, Remington takes a deep breath. "Thank God she finally left. Guys... I don't know how much of her I can take. I think its about time to end it."

Sebastian chuckles again and hands him a drink. "Here, take this. Try to get some big brave break up energy." He started noticing Josie's true colors when she wouldn't let Remington leave the house. Remington started getting so depressed and people deprived. He doesn't care about helping her write lyrics that will catch someone's eye. He just wants out. 

As the brothers are walking together, Remington sees a glimpse of a tall black haired man that he once knew, leaning against the wall.