십팔

Flashback

Standing infront of the airport with her bestfriend Sora, she smiled at people who made eye contact with her, as it's considered the best manner.

Sora was flying to Japan to see her boyfriend that day. And Mirae was more than excited for that to happen. Mirae was a hopeless romantic. She loves watching dramas, simping for the male leads and reading love stories, wishing to have something similar in life.

And imagining something like that happening to her bestfriend made her extremely happy and she couldn't wait for something amazing to happen.

As she was standing there with Sora, who was looking around since the time of arrival, she heard huge screams of people coming from the opposite direction.

"Mirae, can you please hold these for a moment? I need to go to the washroom..." handing her phone, boarding pass, passport and ticket, Sora speeded out to the restroom.

Sora was listening to A by GOT7 and once she left, Mirae started listening to it too. Staring at the wallpaper of Sora's phone, Mirae drooled.

'Why is Jackson so cool? Mirae, you're at a public place. Your ahgase is showing...'

But the staring didn't last long as the phone was snatched away by a buff man, staring down at her with intense eyes. He took her right hand pressing it to the thumbprint lock. Once it opened,.Mirae was flabbergasted.

'Why does my thumbprint work on Sora's phone?' she thought.

The man scrolled through all the apps, and what shocked Mirae was that Sora was part of many Sasaeng groups for different idol groups?

Snatching the ticket, passport and boarding pass from her, the man checked every single detail.

He looked down, showing the ticket which showed ticket bought under Kang Sora with Mirae's face on it.

And that's where the misunderstanding began.

"Kang Sora, the sasaeng we've been trying to get our hands on for months. Get out of the airport this instance..."

"Ah I-"

The man gripped her forearm in a tight grip dragging her towards the exit, pushing her out of the airport, as a prey in the eyes of countless anger-stricken eyes.

"So you're the one who was stalking Jackson. Guys, get her!"

And she was beaten upto the point she couldn't move.

She reached home to be greeted by disappointed parents who both slapped her and kicked her out saying that she deserved to be part of a mental hospital and they didn't want a daughter like her. They said a daughter named Shin Mirae never existed.

She deactivated all her social medias due to the constant threats and decided to get plastic surgery. But she didn't have enough money to do so which left her with no choice but to work.

And that's how she ended up working in Haneul café. She got dirty looks constantly from people who recognized her but she chose to ignore it.

The comments she received convinced her that she was a human unworthy of love. But she just bought a ticket. A ticket to what? A ticket to Japan in the same flight as GOT7 which she was unaware of.

End of flashback

Taehee took Mirae to her house. On reaching there, Taehee informed everything to her parents who welcomed Mirae with open hands.

Mirae engaged herself in a conversation with the parents and they were happy to know that Taehee's bestfriend was also Taehyung's friend now.

They told her about how much they missed Taehyung and how often he contacted them.

After talking for a while, Taehee pulled Mirae into her room, closing the door behind her.

"What are those marks on your hands? Have you been harming yourself?" Mirae burst into tears and nodded.

"I-I couldn't help it. I felt so l-lonely and unwanted..." Taehee started crying with her and tried calling themselves.

"You had me. You have me. Forever. I was just one call away, and I thought you w-were-"

"Don't. It was in the past. Let's focus on the present. We need to stop Sora..." Mirae spoke sternly wiping her tears.

Taehee smiled.

After a long pause, Taehee almost cheekily said "I've been curious though,"

"What is it Taehee?"

A smirk found it's way to her face. "Do you like Kim Namjoon?"

Mirae started choking on her spit.

"I was right then huh?" Taehee chuckled shaking her head earning a deep blush from the target.

"Enlighten me Future,"

"Why do you keep calling me future?"

"That's because your name literally means future and nuh uh. No deviation from the topic. Tell meee!" Crossing her arms on her chest, she eyed Mirae teasingly.

"Yes. I like him. Perhaps I do love him. B-But I don't d-deserve—"

"Stop with that bullshit will you! You deserve love. Those stupid netizens just had to tattoo it on your brain. Argh! He confessed and the feeling's mutual. Why don't you go for it!"

"I denied..."

"Why? Come on. Think about it for a while okay? I'm going to take a shower hmm?" Giving a pat on her shoulder, she walked towards the bathroom, leaving a thinking Mirae all by herself.

'Do I love him?'

T.B.C

What do you think?👀

I'm sorry for not updating last week. I've been busy with studies.
I hope you all are doing well.
Thanks for reading till here♥️
Love you all💜