Chapter 2: A Shocking Reveal

3rd POV

In the Mirror Chamber, many people have gathered around in groups of seven talking and whispering among themselves and other people. Standing before the groups were six certain individuals.

"Is that all for the new student dorm assignments? Listen up, new students. Here in Heartslabyul, I am the rules. Break them and it's off with your head.", said the red-haired boy in a threatening tone.

"...Uuugghh. The stuffy ceremony is finally over. We're going back to the dorm. Savanaclaws, follow me.", the tall, tanned man with long, dark hair said lazily.

"To the new students, congratulations on entering this academy. Enjoy your life to the fullest. As the dormitory leader of Octavinelle, I will support you to the best of my ability.", said the boy with glasses.

"By the way, where did the headmaster go? He flew out right in the middle of the ceremony...", asked the beautiful blond-hair man.

A voice from a floating tablet said, "Abandoning his post..."

"Did he get a stomach ache or something?", a tanned-skin boy wearing a half-turban said.

The door flew open with the headmaster, the captive creature, and another hooded figure behind him. "Not at all.", he said.

"Ah, he's here.", muttered the red-haired boy.

"I cannot believe you all. We were missing one new student so I went to find them.", complained the headmaster. "You are the only one yet to be assigned a dormitory. I shall watch over the raccoon, step in front of the Dark Mirror."

"Mghgmh!!!", mumbled the creature as he was trying to get out of the man's grasp.

Dawn was nervous at first but decided to do what the man said. When she looked in the mirror, she was terrified of the face that was looking at her.

"State thy name.", asked the figure in the Dark Mirror.

"D-D-Dawn Baldwin", stuttered (Y/N) while trying to stay calm.

'Hey, doesn't that name sound a bit feminine to you?', someone whispered.

'Yeah, you don't think that?...', another person said.

'No way! That would be insane.', answered someone else.

Dawn paid no mind to what the others were saying as she waited for the strange mirror to respond.

"Dawn Baldwin...The shape of thy soul is...I do not know."

"Huh?", Dawn said wide-eyed and shocked.

"Come again?", asked Crowley confused.

"I sense not a spark of magic from this one...The colour, the shape, all nothing. Therefore, she is not suited for no dormitory.", explained the Dark Mirror.

While Dawn stood in shock from what the Dark Mirror said, mutters and whispers were heard across the room.

"An Ebony Carriage would never go to meet someone who can't use magic! In 100 years, there has not once been a mistake in student selection.", exclaimed Crowley.

'If that's true, then why would I be here in the first place?', Dawn thought to herself.

"So why in the world..."

"Hold on sir, something weird is going on here", one of the students spoke out. "The Dark Mirror said that "she" is not suited for no dormitory."

"She!?"

"Your right, I did hear that."

"What's going on here?"

Everyone started speaking out more and more about what the Dark Mirror just said, while Dawn was looking around uneasily.

"Why is everybody on edge about this?", Dawn asked sheepishly.

The red-haired boy suddenly approached Dawn and asked, "Excuse me, but may I ask you to please put your hood down so that we may see your face?"

"O-Of course.", Dawn replied.

Dawn did as she was instructed and put her hood down, revealing her long, (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes, along with her feminine features.

"I knew it, you are a girl.", the boy said with a stern look.

"WHAT!?!? A girl!?"

"No way!?!"

"It has to be a joke!"

After that sentence was said, all the guys in aisles gasped in shock, surprise, and shouted in disbelief upon learning Dawn's gender. At this point, the poor girl was flabbergasted by what is going on with everyone's reaction right now. "What's going on?", she asked Crowley. "Um, did I do something wrong?"

"Perhaps I should explain," said Crowley. "You see, Night Raven College is a prestigious magical academy that trains young males in the art of magic."

"You mean to say...that I'm in an all-boys school!?!?", exclaimed Dawn. Never in her life has she expected to be in a school of magic, let alone that the students would be all males.

"This is such a predicament. How in this world would an Ebony Carriage bring a young lady to my school?", Crowley said in disbelief. "What do we do now?"

"Mghmgh...Pah! Then I'll take her place!", spoke Grim after finally escaping the Headmaster's grasp.

"Oh no!", Dawn muttered as she knew what was going to happen.

"Stay right there! Raccoon!", shouted Crowley.

"Unlike that dumb human, I can use magic! Let me in the school instead! If you need proof, I'll show you right now!", Grim proclaimed as he got ready to use his fireballs again.

"Everyone, get down!", shouted the red-haired boy as Grim launched a ball of blue fire at the students; which unfortunately made its target.

"Waaaah! Hottttt! My butt's on fire!", screamed the boy in the half-turban.

"At this rate, the school will be a sea of fire! Somebody catch that raccoon!", shouted Crowley.

"Che! Suck ups.", the tall, tanned male said with annoyance.

"Hmm? Aren't you good at hunting? Doesn't it look like a nice, plump, snack?", asked the beautiful man in a teasing tone.

"Why me, do it yourself."

"Headmaster, please leave it to me. I'm sure the others couldn't stomach harassing the poor creature, so I will take it upon myself.", said the boy with glasses.

"That's Azul for you. Always trying to earn himself points.", said the voice from the tablet.

"Umm, hey, could someone put out my butt fire already!?", complained the boy in the half-turban.

Dawn couldn't believe what she was seeing, that all these boys were spending more time complaining and arguing; while a monster is launching fire attacks at them.

"Are you all even listening?", Crowley said while trying to get the students' attention.

"If it's just catching some stupid raccoon, can't you do it yourself, Teach.", asked the tall male irritated.

"How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not a raccoon! The Great Grim that will become the greatest magician ever is me!", said Grim.

"It certainly has moxie. Care to help me, Riddle?", asked the boy named Azul.

"I can't overlook those who break rules. Let's hurry and get this over with.", said the boy named Riddle.

While the two boys did what they could to capture Grim, Dawn simply thought to herself, 'I need to wake up from this dream.'