Chapter 18: First Day of Classes

3rd POV

The group had miraculously made it to their class just as the final bell rang. By that time, they were already out of breath and quickly blended in with the other students. Dawn, along with Ace and Deuce, took off her vest and blazer and put on a long white lab coat, black gloves with a grey Night Raven College logo on the left side of her sleeve and put on a pair of grey-coloured goggles over her eyes. The class was some type of laboratory with a variety of beakers, vials, glass containers, and books lining the shelves.

She stood in between Ace and Deuce while Grim was standing on top of her head with cauldrons in front of them, most of the students were paired in groups as the Potions teacher just stepped upfront before them.

His hair was parted at the side, with the longer section coloured white and the shorter section black. He had narrow grey eyes and wore silver studs in his ears. Beneath a thick, black-and-white furry coat, he wore a tuxedo consisting of a black dress shirt, red tie, a black-and-white vest, black dress pants, black dress shoes, and a black belt with a silver buckle, studs, and spiky sections. He also wore red gloves. He had several tail-like appendages hanging from the bottom of his coat and was carrying a teaching pointer with a red collar and jewel charm attached to the end of it.

"So you all are the fresh faces in my homeroom.", he said as he surveyed the sea of new students. His grey eyes caught sight of the lone female in his class and spread a wide smirk as he was very intrigued by Dawn, which made her jump a bit. "Hmmm, there are some rare hair colours in the bunch. Not bad. Make sure to take proper care of it daily. My name is Divus Crewel. You may feel free to call me Master Crewel. Take your seats. The class will begin."

'Divus Crewel... so he's the one who designed my school uniform and clothing.', Dawn thought as she just realized that this was the person who sent her that package this morning.

"...First for the basics. I will beat the names and appearances of 100 types of medicine and poison into your little brains.", said Crewel as he slaps his pointer into his hand. "We'll cover fungi later. Now memorize these so you don't go around getting poisoned by random things off the ground. Dogs will eat whatever is lying around." He proceeded to hand a stack of papers to another student and each one was getting a copy of the sheet.

'Dogs?', Dawn thought in confusion.

"Your training will be strict and I better not see any failing marks on your tests.", Crewel said as he cracked his pointer to emphasize his point, making everyone jump at that. Dawn took out one of her notebooks and a pencil and began writing down the types of medicines and poisons to be weary about, and used the paper she got for reference.

"I see. ...By the way, what's a "fungi"?", Deuce questioned as he held one of the mushrooms.

"Blegh. I'm no good at memorization.", Ace groaned.

"All that matters for grass is whether or not it tastes good.", Grim said.

"Don't even think about it!", Dawn chastised the little monster.

Once class was over, Dawn put away her lab coat and gear and made her way to see Professor Crewel. "Pardon me, Professor Crewel?", she said. Hearing this, he turned around to see who was asking for him and his eyes caught on the young lady. "Oh, you must be the new student that I heard about from the headmaster?", Crewel said with a small smile.

"Yes, sir. My name is Dawn Baldwin and I just wanted to say thank you very much for designing my uniform and for sending me all those items that I received this morning.", she said as she bowed her head in gratitude for what her professor did.

"The pleasure was all mine. In all honesty, I was a little bit ecstatic upon learning about your enrollment in our school. It's about time for some pups to learn proper manners now that we have a young lady attending this year.", he proudly proclaimed. "Now if you truly wish to thank me, be sure to take your lessons seriously and do well on all of your assignments. I'm expecting you'll do well here Miss Baldwin?"