Chapter 50: The Pomefiore Dorm and The Bothersome Twins

3rd POV

With the addition of Riddle, Cater, Ace, and Deuce now assisting Dawn and Grim in their investigation, the group left the Heartslabyul Dorm and was now in the Hall of Mirrors. Cater led the group to one of them which was labelled "Pomefiore". The mirror was decorated with a few crystals and gemstones, and an elegant peacock was gracefully placed on top. Dawn shuttered as she remembered the "beauty advice" from the two Pomefiore students during her investigation and didn't want to go to that dorm, but she decided to for the sake of protecting a potential target and stepped through the mirror with the others.

To her complete surprise, she was looking at a large, beautiful castle made out of stone bricks and it had purple roof tiles; it reminded her of the fairytales her parents used to read to her as a child. Following Cater, the group went inside the Pomefiore dorm and made their way to the lounge. The inside was just as beautiful as it was outside; with fine carpets, lovely chairs and sofas, candle chandeliers hanging above the ceilings, and a gorgeous throne with a peacock decoration on it.

"First up. Pomefiore Dorm. I've marked third-year Rook Hunt in my "Cater Check". His trademarks are his blonde bob and hat.", Cater told the group as he looked through his phone.

"Last year, Rook was a stand-out player. But, there's something off about him...", Riddle said, uncertainty laced in his voice.

"Ah. Isn't that him sitting over there?", Deuce asked as he pointed towards one of the three people sitting together at the coffee table. When Dawn saw them, she instantly recognized those three right away. Sitting on one side of the table was her fellow Dorm Leader Vil, while on the other side were the two boys she saw at the cafeteria. The moment Dawn saw the boy who fit Cater's description of Rook Hunt, she flinched a bit when she remembered that suave smile and wink he sent to her. Nevertheless, all three boys were just dazzling to look at; just like diamonds from a high-class jewellery store.

"Wow. They look almost shiny...", Ace exclaimed, he brought his hands up to shield his eyes from the radiance the trio was giving off.

The young man known as Rook Hunt, smiled and waved his finger at the lavender-haired boy sitting right next to him. "Non, non, little Epel. It is not elegant to put your fingers through the handle when you drink tea.", he told him.

"Eh... ah, alright. I'm so sorry.", said the boy named Epel in a soft tone as he placed his teacup down on a saucer. Vil was too preoccupied with looking at his reflection in his compact mirror to pay attention to the two; he leaned into the sofa cushions and sighed. "I am still undecided about the makeup for the tournament. I'm inquisitive about the new foundation from Felicite Cosmetics.", he said.

"Ha ha ha! My lovely Vil, our Roi du Poison!", Rook proclaimed with a jovial laugh. "Your light is not so fleeting that it needs cosmetics to compensate."

"I am aware, my dear. But if I want to aim one rank higher, I can't hold back.", Vil told him.

"Wonderful! That spirit of yours. It's truly marvellous!", Rook exclaimed with a bright smile.

"Huuuummmnn. That guy doesn't seem strong at all. If I was the culprit, I wouldn't go after him.", Grim said with a displeased look.

"I don't know Grim. There's something about him that doesn't sit well with me...", whispered Dawn. Even if Grim couldn't sense it, something about Rook was making her very nervous and that there's more to him than meets the eye.

"Then, let's go check the next.", Cater said. The group started to leave the lounge before they were noticed; Dawn was right behind them when her bag accidentally bumped into a vase on a table. Fortunately, she was quick enough to reach the vase and stop it before it fell onto the ground. The lavender-haired boy named Epel heard something, looked up and to his surprise, he saw the same (H/C) girl who smiled at him at the cafeteria and blushed a bit.