Chapter 29: The Unbirthday Party

3rd POV

As the group entered the Tea Garden, Dawn's eyes widen with wonder and excitement at how whimsically decorated the garden was for the Unbirthday Party. The tables were spread out from one side of the garden to the other and were covered with clean, white tablecloths. Various kinds of chairs and stools were used for the seating arrangements. In the heart of the garden, was a grand heart-shaped throne that was perfect for a queen to sit. Teacups and top hats were stacked on top of each other as different kinds of sandwiches and treats were placed on the table. Red, white and black streamers were hungover, and playing cards were strung above them as well.

The residents of Heartslabyul were starting to gather around and take their seats, making sure that everyone and everything is all ready for when the Dorm Head arrived. Several students stood near the throne, and blew trumpets as one declared, "Announcing our great leader! The Crimson Ruler! Dorm Leader Riddle!" He stepped aside to make Riddle's presence aware, while Trey was behind him. As Riddle was walking towards his throne, the students cheered, "Dorm Leader Riddle, hip hip hurray!"

Riddle Rosehearts was wearing an outfit that made him look like a ruler of this dorm. He wore a small crown leaning on the left side of his head. His outfit consists of a white and red coat dress with the bottom being lined with a gold-coloured fabric. The inside of the coat dress is entirely red and has a pattern consisting of tiny hearts, spades, diamonds, clovers, and crowns. The red cuffs on his sleeves are folded up to reveal long, black gloves. He also wore white trousers. He also wore white trousers and knee-high black boots with heels and has a red-stained white rose attached to his black cape.

Trey was wearing a different outfit as well. He wore a white shirt, with an unbuttoned black vest and the customary blazer to top it all off. The blazer was mostly white with yellow trim and red underlining. His right sleeve is black, while his left had a black and white checkerboard pattern. His sleeves are folded up just below his elbows, and he also wears short-length and fingerless black gloves. Pinned on his blazer is the recurring Heartslabyul crest, the "QH" heart pin, and a Three of Clovers playing card. Like his fellow dormmates, he wore white trousers with a black and yellow ribbon at the waist, as well as black and white high tops. He also dons a white fedora with a yellow and black striped band and a final clover pin to the side.

Riddle walked to his throne and sat gracefully as Trey stands before him. His silver eyes gaze throughout the Tea Garden, checking every last detail of the party; making sure that everything is by their tradition. "Humm. The roses are red, the tablecloths are white. A perfect Unbirthday Party. You made sure there is a mouse asleep in the teapot, correct?", Riddle asked Trey.

"Of course. The jam to put on its nose at the right time is also ready.", Trey said. Pleased upon what he as seen, Riddle closed his eyes and nodded his head. "Wonderful", he said. Dawn and the boys were by the main entrance of the Tea Garden as they watched all this. "Fuwah! Look at their outfits! They look so cool!", Grim said in awe, admiring their clothes.

"Heh, Heeh! It's so cool, the Heartslabyul dorm attire! The style is on point and makes for great Magicam~!☆ Which means it's time for me to change.", said Cater. He flick his magic pen in the air and pointed at himself. In a flash, his school uniform was replaced with a whole new outfit. He wore a white shirt, with a red vest patterned with card suits covering it. Over the vest, he wore a blazer pinned with the red-stained white rose and a Four of Diamonds playing card. He wears a black and yellow ribbon around his waist, and red and white high tops, along with white trousers. "Laws of the Queen of Hearts also state we have to dress formally on party days. As special service, I'll get you coordinated too.", Cater said.

He pointed his pen at the group and a small blast of magic hit them. In a blink of an eye, the first years, Grim and Perry were now wearing the Heartslabyul dorm uniforms. Ace wore a white shirt and a red vest patterned with card suits covering it. Over the vest, he wore a blazer pinned with the crest, a red-stained white rose and an Ace of Hearts playing card. He wore a black and yellow ribbon around his waist, and red and white high tops, along with white trousers. Deuce wore a white shirt, with a black vest patterned with card suits. Over the vest, he wears a blazer and has a Two of Spades playing card on it. He wore a black and yellow ribbon around his waist, and black and white high tops, plus white trousers. Both Grim and Perry's ribbons vanished and were replaced with matching bows with the Heartslabyul's colours; for Perry, he was given a little fedora that looked like Trey's.