Chapter 16

// Anna’s Prov \\

“Will you...b-be my date to the p-party Tuesday Night “he asked, looking down. Was he nerves? No wait bigger question. DID HE JUST ASK ME OUT? Niall were talking about Niall Horan here, big man on campus, the man that only uses girls for a quick fuck. There had to be a catch to this. I wanted to say yes, but I really wanted to know why? Why me?

I looked at him and nodded my head. He breathed a sigh of relief and sat down next to me. We sat liked that for a while before I asked him “Why?” he looked at me confused, God why did he have to be so cute. “Why are you asking me?” he looked down and blushed, Niall Horan blushes? “To keep those little fuckers away from you”, was that supposed to make me feel better.

“You can’t control who talks to me Niall” I said standing up. “Look weather you like it or not, to all those boys your mine, Got that.” he stated pointing to me. “You don’t own me” I reminded him, He got up and walked closer to me “True” he said wrapping his arms around my waist.

“But is that going to stop me? Remember babe, Niall Horan doesn’t share” he says grabbing my arm. I knew he was right but I didn’t want him to be, I could speak to whoever I wanted. He leaned in and kissed my cheek lightly, I could literally say I felt electricity that ran through my boy.

I looked down to avoid eyes contact and to pray he doesn’t see me blush “By the way babe, I think we should try the study thing again. Tonight at 7, Frat House?” he asked loosening the grip from my waist to have his hands brought down to my hip.

I nodded, to shock to form any words. He asked ME out. He smiled “See ya then Babe” he turned and walked off to his group of friends.

I walked back to the little soccer match we were having “Hey what happened there?” Eve asked gesturing to my talk with Niall; I stared back between her and Audrey “Niall just asked me out”.

*

*

*

*

I find myself once again, looking over my outfit. I wore my everyday black skinny jeans, with a grey rolled up New York sweater and my white converse. I know it wasn’t really impressing but I really don’t care. My hair was drooping down my back in my natural curls and as always I had no make-up on.

I was dredging to go to the Frat house again but if I get Niall to pass I can stay here longer with Eve, Audrey and Liam. I looked over myself once more; I didn’t look that bad for a casual look. I grabbed my book bag, phone and made my way out the door.

As I was walking so thoughts bounced in my head.

Why would he ask me out? I never go to parties; I don’t even know what to do. Was it a set up? Was he going to embarrass me, humiliate me in front of all his friends for a good laugh? What would Liam say? What would the soccer team say? What is I stuff up, or embarrass myself in front of him? Would he tell his friends? Of course he would you idiot.  Would he try and get me to sleep with him? What if –

Before I finish that sentence I found myself standing on the porch of the Frat house. I took a deep breath. Everything is gonna be fine Anna. I reassured myself as I knocked on the door and stepped back. Niall is being very nice lately.

That thought then crossed my mind. Why is he being so nice? Shouldn’t just be a one night stand and wasn’t he NOT interested in me. I’m so confused.

Before I could continue my thoughts the door opened, reviling a smiling Niall. He was dressed In grey sweats and a white V neck shirt. His hair wasn’t styled, but to be honest it looked better that way. Its like it’s just himself.

“Hey Beautiful” he greeted opening the door wider. There it is again with the cute names. Something’s really wrong. Maybe he hit his head.

“Hi” I greeted back. He stood aside, “Come on in” he said. I cautiously walked through the door. I looked around to see none of the boys drinking, smoking. I turn towards Niall about to ask where they were.

“The Frat was invited to a party at a collage not far from here” he answered shoving his hands in his pockets nervously. I nodded. How did he know--…Anyway. “Ready to study?” I ask.

“Yeah, we can go up to my room” i hesitantly nodded. His room? It’s going to fine Anna. I followed him down the hall, and to the elevator. I never realise how big this Frat House really was. It’s huge.

We walked into the elevator and an awkward silence fell upon us. The elevator dinged and he gestured for me to step out first. Well what a gentleman.

He opened the door for me too. Okay something’s not right. This is not Niall; this is not how he acts. Not even the Frat Niall is really him. Who is Niall?

I walked around looking around the familiar room. Last time I was here, Niall told me to get out. I shivered at the moment he found out about my scars. I sat down on the edge of the bed and dropped my bag next to legs as I watched him shut the door.

He turned around slowly, shoving one hand in his pocket and the other scratched the back of his neck, I guess he’s nervous. I decided to break the ice first.

“So I guess we would start with Art History, since we have the test soon” I slowly stated, grabbing the book. He nodded his head and walked over to his desk and sat down waiting.

“You need your book” I said flipping through the pages. Maybe tonight will be alright. It’s going to be easy “Right…My Book…..Where did I put that?” he mumbled, getting up to search. I sighed and giggled.

Maybe not so easy.