Chapter 48

1 week later

// Anna's Pov\\

One Week! One bloody week since I had hung out with Niall and I’m really starting to miss him.

I mean it’s not like he has ignored me, he just liked distanced himself?

For example when I see him he would give me a kind smile and peck on the lips but then just leave, saying he had stuff to do. He confuses me so much.

Following the girls advice I just pretend it doesn’t bother me but it really is and the worst part is, he doesn’t even seem to care if it bothers me or not.

I let out a stressful sigh, shutting the page that I have been just staring at for the past 10 minutes and placing the book on my bedside table. I lye back down and stare at the white celling thinking about my past week.

It really hasn’t been all that bad, except for the Niall thing; I’ve caught up with some friends, focused more on studying –and what to teach Niall-, I’ve even stayed with Liam and the other boys at the frat house; playing poker.

Who would think that under that frat crap they were nice people?

I heard the bathroom door open and out came Eve "eh! Want another night at the frat house?" She asked looking down at her phone.

I smiled, another fun night, maybe tonight Niall will actually stay and talk; whenever I saw him there he would greet me sweetly then say he had to leave. It's so goddamn confusing!

I nodded “yeah sure" I smiled getting off my bed.

I slip on my black flats, leaving my jacket since the weather is getting a bit warmer.

"Let's go" she smiled, I nodded and grabbed my phone following her out the door.

"How you been?" She suddenly asked. I looked at her confused " Eve, you've been with me all day, how could u not know how I am". She shook her head "I meant about the Niall thing?"

I buzz out, thinking about the proper words to give her "What Niall thing?" I laugh nervously.

"Oh shut up Anna! Im your best friend I know that this is getting to you and I don't blame you! But what I don't get is why you still kiss him?! I mean maybe he's cheating on you!" She ranted but calmed down after she realized what she said

'cheating ' the thought really hadn't crossed my mind. I let out a fake laugh “Cheating! Eve there's nothing to cheat on. We are not a couple. And this thing doesn't bother me at all. I don't have these powers over him, he and go and get whoever he wants. And your right I’ll just stop expecting something from him because I'm obviously not going to get it. He's just shady and sneaky and really not worth my time" I speak rather quickly, pressing the button to go down.

"I knew he was too good to be true" I whisper, leaning my head on the elevator wall as it opened to the last level.

I let out a sigh disappointed in myself for even thinking to trust this guy. For all I know he could be fucking some girl right now and then come and kiss me Ugh how discussing.

"Sweetie" Eve called, hugging me “you don't need him"

I nodded “I don't. He can do all the shit he wants and I can to what I want" I smile. "Now let’s go, so I can kick those boys’ asses at poker, I’m feeling lucky" I smile, trying to pass the moment.

If he doesn't need me, I don't need him.

#

#