Chapter 40

// Anna's Pov \\

I placed the spoon on the sink slowly "What?" I asked, making sure I heard right. Why do I need to say away? Does he think now he can tell me what to do?

"I want you to stay away from Luke" he repeated, sensing the anger in my expression and stance.

"Why?" I ask, crossing my arms. I really didn't want to start another fight with Niall, but he can't tell me what to do.

He rolled his eyes "Many reasons, can't you just obey" he pleaded. I gritted my teeth "Obey. Like as in a dog to an owner" I compared.

He shook his head, quickly. His eyes going wide "No..No..No..No.. Just *sigh* I get a bit jealous of the guy. I mean, look how he was looking at you before I got there. He likes you" Niall worried, walking closer to me and pulling me to his hip "And your mine"

He put a peck on my lips. I nodded and he grinned "BUT" I interrupted. He sighed "What?"

"I want you to stay away from those cheerleaders, especially Julie" I compromised. Niall shrugged "Okay... Actually I won't need any other girl cause all I need is you" he smiled, turning on his charm.

I smiled at his attempt to get out of an awkward situation and grabbed his bowl "Add your toppings". He nodded and added chocolate syrup as did I.

We made our way back to the bedroom, setting ourselves in the bed as i grabbed the remote "Requests?" I turn to Niall.

"I feel like a comedy. 21 jump street?" I nodded at the familiar movie and jumped to the CD player to put it in, the movie loaded and I made myself comfortable again next to Niall.

"How come your bed's warmer" he asks, snuggling in the covers. I remembered his thin sheets and how I freezed to death even with Niall cuddling me. "It's because I have thick sheets, made for winter" I explained, digging into my chocolate flavour.

He nodded, thinking for a moment "Will you...uh...come and get some with me tomorrow?" he asked, looking at his ice-cream, embarrassed. I nodded "Sure... But I must warm you I hate shopping" I smiled.

He took his bite "Don't worry, I do as well". The movie loaded and the beginning credits started to play.

As the movie continued on, we proceeded to laugh and joke around together as we finished our ice-cream bowls, 1 packet of chips, 2 bowls of popcorn and a few packets of lollies. I looked over to all the wrappers and mess surrounding us as we now relocated to lying on the carpet, making me realize how much I eat being a bit self-conscious.

After setting his bag of snakes down, Niall wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer. "Looks like we ate your whole kitchen" he chuckled; I smiled, wrapping my arm around his waist keeping warm.

I watched as the end credits played, about to move to grab the remote, but he pulled me closer "You know, I've never asked what course your taking?" he asked, rubbing my back. I smiled "Child Nursing" I said.

"Really?" he said impressed, I nodded "What about you?" I ask. "Soccer scholarship was presented to me, which is why I need to keep my grades up". I nod, makes sense now why he badly needs a tutor.

We stayed quiet in comfortable silence, enjoying the warmth of the blankets and his body next to mine. "You coming to my game tomorrow?" I ask hopeful, lifting my head up to meet his eyes, he nodded "Of course, need to be there to celebrate your win and keep those guys eyes off you" he joked, but his eyes showed seriousness.

'Protective. Protective. Protective' I though "I still think it's all in your head" I said, really sick of his protectiveness. He scoffed looking back to meet my eyes "I will have you know that I nearly punched a guy out because of what he said about you in the second half" he frankly stated.