Chapter 29

// Anna’s Pov \\

I shut my book studying “I’m so over this” I sighed, staring back at Niall, who was sitting cross legged on the floor, resting his back on my bed facing me.

We came back to my dorm to study after our time at the beach, pretending that the problem with the guys didn’t happen, but i don’t think he will forget the part at the beach. Since we had a sand fight, allowing sand to get in my mouth.

Niall laughed as I’m sure I looked like jumping seal that swallowed to much salt water.

“Let’s take a break, we have been studying for a while” he smiled, shutting his book. I turned in my swirly chair to look at him, while he got up and stretched.

I looked over Niall, wondering if this is all real. Like if he really cared for me, if this was a big game. He smiled down at me and walked over to me, resting his hands on either side of me as he leaned on the desk behind me, milometers away from my face.

I held my breath, staring into his eyes as they poured into mine. “Hey” he greeted smoothly. My jaw shook “Hi” I said. Quick and short. I hate how he had this effect on me, without even trying.

He smiled, knowing that he had this effect on me. He leaned in slowly, keeping eye contact with me. I stood still. I still don’t trust Niall that much, it still shocked me how much he changed and I want to fully get to know him.

“I won’t hurt you” he said lowly, still moving closer. I relaxed a little more as he attached his lips to mine. I felt the same spark that I always craved.

We were quickly cut off by his phone tone. He groaned pulling away. I giggled and leaned back “Answer it”. HE sighed and took out his phone; glancing at the ID, turning his face angry.

I stared at his expression change as he walking to the kitchen for some privacy.

‘I wonder who’s calling?’ I wondered

I turned back to the desk, collecting the scattered papers. It got me thinking, I can’t do this.

I can’t get involved with Niall, I can’t keep seeing him or kissing him. I like him, a lot. But he’s not this type of person. He uses girls then dumps them, without even knowing their first name.

He can’t just change; it was so sudden so quick. He was protective, He was jealous over me, he was a gentleman, he was genuine, he was funny, he was spontaneous, he was everything I looked for in a guy. 

‘But what if he hurts me, he’s not a relationship guy, which is why I can’t do this. Eventually I will fall for him.’

“What?!” I yelled out loud, stopping my inner thoughts. ‘I don’t fall for anyone. ITS not possible.

“What’s wrong?”

I turned back suddenly to see that he is finished with his phone call. I flinched “Nothing”. He looked a bit unsure, but shrugged it off.

“There planning a last minute party tonight at the frat house” he brought up. I smiled flatly. It’s been a while since he’s been to a party and he might want to go so who am I to stop him. Maybe he will find another girl and I would be over with him.’ is that what I really want?’

“Okay, cool, so I guess I’ll see you tomorrow for the next study session” I played off cool, like it didn’t bother me. He looked at me oddly “I was umm… not gonna go… I was hoping you would invite me over to stay another night” he said, cheeks blushing.

I mentally face palmed myself, I’m such a bitch. I really had no words; I was speechless “Umm… I j-just thought you uhh hadn’t been in while” I explained.