Chapter 1: "who is he?"

Lino's pov

Meeting him was just normal. I mean I always meet random guys but he had something. Yeah I lied, it wasn't normal at all but it felt like a fairytale. Wait! What the f*ck! (Yeah I kinda cuss sometimes, bad habit I know but I don't care)... And since when did I believe in fairytales? Just forget it.

I got stuck on explaining this mish-mash that happened and I forgot to tell you who I am. My name is Linomsa (Lino to you) Xulu is the surname, you know the drill. I'm 20 years old and I hate a lot of stuff...especially love. I just don't care about it. Did I tell you I'm into art? I also like music and I enjoy my own company. Being alone is like glory to me. And when I have a book with me to read, it just becomes more amazing because I get to escape to a new world of imagination. If you know what I mean.

I had a class today and since I recently started, it's hectic. Just as I was about to exit I bumped into something or someone. (yeah him.) He kept on staring at me with those brown, sparkly eyes. (I hate it when people stare at me!) But I couldn't look away either. "Ahh sorry" I said awkwardly before rushing out. "Wait Li-" I just left him there. (He seemed kinda stunned but why do I care? Pssh... Was he about to say my name?.. Maybe I'm over thinking. But how did he-) I realised the guy saw my name tag. Damn!

I arrived at my place and yeah I have a roomie. We share an apartment in Ballito and her name is Ayanda Griffins but she prefers being called by her nickname Amethyst. I call her Am instead. We met a year ago at our recent school in Groutville. She is cute, bubbly, likes shopping, jewelry, every girly stuff. Her favourite colours are pink and purple. Just the complete opposite of me but still she is such a gem. See what I did there?

You know "she is such a gem and an Amethyst is a gem." It's her nickname plus... Ahh forget it.

"You know you've just said all that out loud. Don't you?" Am asked, bringing me back from wherever I was.

"Oh hey Am, I hope you're good." I said trying to ignore her. "You've just called me a gem, that's so sweet Lino." She said looking thrilled like a kid opening a Christmas present. "Yeah whatevs." I washed it off.

"Damn I'm tired!" I exclaimed as I opened my bottle of water. "Lotta work huh?" Am asked. "Yeah you know it."

(I wonder if that guy is a new student or something. It would be cool if we're in the same class. I mean... I can get to see that gorgeous face of his and...) "Lino!" (We could have eyelocks like in the movies and-) "Linomsa! Are you insane? Look at this!" Am shouted (Huh what? Did she just shout out my full name?) "Ohh sh*t!"

Well I just spilled water on my bed. I forgot I even had a water bottle in my hands.

"What are you thinking about girlfriend?" She asked. "Ahh nothing important"(that gorgeous guy you saw) I lied. "The truth please and are you blushing?!...oh my god you've got a crush, don't you?" She shouted so loud I think our window glasses cracked. "What? That's absurd. You know I don't do crushes."

I made an excuse about going to the library and left her there. "I'll brb Am!" I needed fresh air.

(❤I'm new to this so I would really appreciate your comments and knowing your thoughts about this. I'm thinking of writing Ivy's pov next, he might be interesting😉 ~love, nkulerh zubane Winter_Avery01)