Chapter 26: "Inseparable?"

I don't have much to say but just go ahead and read to find out how things are so far. Escape!🔥❤️

Lino's pov

I was surprised when Minnie suddenly gave me a call. Even though she sounded sincere I still couldn't trust her, she's just trouble. We were going to meet up at her house later and then I was gonna come back to pack my clothes.

"Are you really gonna go to her house?" Am asked with concern.

"Yea, I think it's time we end whatever is between us."

"Lino, what if it's a trap? What if you'll only find her with a bunch of girls waiting to gloat and look down on you?" My girl was panicking but I understood where she came from. How she felt too.

I shrugged. "Mmmhhh it won't affect me. I'm immune to insults now, I've been way through worse. Just let me get this over with, ya?"

"Argh, you're so stubborn Lino!" She exclaimed. "Just take care."

"Relax, I'm gonna make some ramen noodles. Please choose a movie for us." I tried to lighten up the mood.

"Now you're talking!"

***

(My last day, huh?) I thought as I slowly opened the curtains. The sky was not clear at all, clouds were drifting closer. Even when I opened the window, I was greeted by a cold breeze brushing against my face. (Is it gonna rain?) I shrugged before closing the window. No one would want that kind of breeze inside.

(Today's outfit has to be casual but rocky looking.) I chose to wear black tight jeans, black combat boots, a baby pink crop top and a fluffy grey jacket. (This is not casual at all but it's my last day here, I gotta look awesome.)

"Girl you look amazing! Can we just go out instead? You'll meet the mayor some other time." She gave me her cute puppy dog eyes. "Please... Neh"

I just giggled. "No, you know this is important. It's for my late friend, Amanda."

"Yea I understand, give me a hug before you go."

"Amethyst, you're such a hugger."

"It's our last day together, come on. Sam might move in or I'll go to them." I was a little surprised by that part but she couldn't be all alone. It was understandable.

"Okay just take care. I'll call everyday."

"Go now, I don't want you to be late." I broke the hug and took my handbag before heading out.

"Good luck with Minnie!" Am shouted as I exited. She game me a mini love sign and so did I. (I feel weird.)

About 35 minutes later, I arrived at the Mayor's house. It was majestic as I expected. The security guard led me inside, it actually seemed like I was expected by everyone.

"Go ahead and get seated mam. Lisa, Sir's secretary will attend you. Please wait for a few seconds." That's was all the man in a black suit said to me before exiting.

The moment he went out I took sometime to look around. From the silver, soft coated couche I was seating on, to the rest of the dining room or should I say 'hall'. It all looked exquisite. The man had style. (Maybe it was all his late wife's idea.)

"I see you're astonished about how this palace looks." A lady giggled as she slowly walked down the stairs towards me.

"You can say that again. It is indeed a palace." I gave her a warm smile.

"I like you already. Good morning by the way, I'm Lisa. Sir sent me to come and escort to his office upstairs. He's expecting you there."

I stood up and nodded. "Okay."