Chapter 22: "Anxious"

"Hey guys, I thought it would be better if I add my pov here (3rth person's pov or author's pov) to make everything more clear and less confusing. I hope you enjoy it. Let's go!🔥"

Ivy's pov

After I received the call, I quickly went to my car and drove to their apartment. This wasn't really the way I had thought I'll meet Lino's mom. "Seriously, what the heck?!"

(Something doesn't feel right. Is it just me or her tone sounded a little harsh? Maybe she's found out that I'm dating her daughter? I'm in mess.)

When I arrived they were all seated down. I easily recognised her, she really looked like Lino but darker. The atmosphere was just tense and awkward. I couldn't greet them, my eyes were just running through the room. Then I noticed someone. (Wait...what is she doing here?) Minnie was also at the apartment. It just hit me, I easily figured she had done something to destroy my relationship with Lino. After a minute I think, I went closer to where they were seating and greeted them. Lino's mother stood up and just looked at me straight in the eyes.

"Can we be excused?" Lino's mother asked. They all nodded and left the apartment. Minnie kept on grinning, I just felt like strangling her.

(What do I say now? It's only me and her. What if I say something that could make things more awkward? Okay just shoot Ivy!)

"Mam I-"

"Have a seat." She cut me off. I just sat across her.

"I think you've already figured who I am Iviwe. I have nothing much to say but..." Suddenly my heart started racing. I had a bad feeling about what she was going to say next.

"...stay away from my daughter." (What?!)

"Uhhmm...May I know why?" I was confused for real.

"Why? You wanna know why? I'm still wondering what got you two to be friends." She said with a tone filled with confusion.

"Anyway listen, you being associated with my daughter brought her danger. Right now as we speak she's being held captive by your father. Another twist. How did it even get to this, huh?" (Damn she hates me. Seems like she doesn't know we're dating yet. Good.) She was really enranged.

"I never intended to get her in trouble or hurt. Trust me I'm gonna get her back...just give me a chance please." I wanted to convice her somehow.

"I know you have a team working on that. There's even an officer, so I hope everything goes well." She sighed. "After you've rescued her...make sure you end all ties with my daughter. I want you out of her life. She doesn't need friends like you." Her eyes were becoming teary. She was hurting and I somehow felt more guilty. "I can't loose her...I wouldn't forgive my self if something happened to my daughter. So please...end this friendship you have with her."

"But I l-...I still need her. I just ca-" I tried to hold my self. (How can I tell her that Lino is my life. I'm in love with her daughter. I can't imagine my life without her. Damn it!)

"You need her?" She chuckled sarcastically. "Your girlfriend is carrying your child. You should be worried about her not my daughter. I still don't get why she had to get caught up in this mess?!"

"Girlfriend? What g-" (a baby too....what's going on?)

"The girl who came here was looking for you. " (Minnie?! No...it can't be.) Poor thing was even crying because she couldn't find you anywhere."

"No she's not my girlfriend mam, I-"

"Are you planning on abandoning her? I don't even want to get involved. You may leave. I hope you understood everything I said to you. Thank you for your time."