Chapter 2: young me

Lizu's pov ( 11 years old)

I was sitting in my room as usual doing my homework while listening to my playlist namely love is in the air (cringe? not for me). I had my notebook and textbook opened because as I mentioned I was doing my homework or say I was supposed to do it but what I was actually doing was stalking my crush(my very 1st crush) Louis. I was madly in love with him but all I ever said to him was... nothing.... not even a hi! but still the desperate me was imagining my first prom, first trip, cutest meet-cute with him! As I said love is in the air.... I was happily swinging in this air when I heard a loud voice, like something is thrown with a lot of force, I ignored that voice for once but the voice came repeatedly,  I went running down the stairs and entered the kitchen to check what was happening... I entered the kitchen and was left shocked, I stood there for 10 mins straight just staring at the mess, numb, tears rolling down my eyes as I saw broken crockery everywhere and my mother..... my mother sitting at a corner with blood all over her hand, cuts and wounds on her arm, face, stomach and just everywhere!. that was my very first encounter with a real life so called love story of my parents.......... I was so shocked that I went running towards my room, locked myself in the washroom, put my playlist on but for the very first time that couldn't change my mood, that couldn't make me happy because their lyrics were complete irony of what I saw minutes ago. I threw my earphones away and laid on the floor. I was sobbing and sobbing and sobbing until sleep took me in it's arms. 

I woke up with my red face and a headache. I got up, still numb went running towards the kitchen to check what was happening and what I saw was a cherry on top, I saw my parents fighting, screaming, abusing and this all became a daily thing for me. I got used to it...their fights, negativity gradually spread in my air of love and that air soon became poised, I cried myself to bed and that is how my definition of love changed......

I hope you liked this chapter! Do vote and comment!!!!

You an connect with me via my Instagram: _sanya.ahuja_

signing off

~ Sanya