Chapter 38: Home

I am sorry Lizu

~Mom

☆*: .。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Those 5 words got me worried. I looked up at Rayn and he motioned me to read forward. I flipped the page and there was a letter. A letter from my mom for me. I slowly and hesitantly started reading it. 

Hey sweetie

It's me, your mom. I know you love me so much and after reading this, your feelings might change so before reading it, I want you to know that I love you so much and I am really sorry. I know you have many questions, why your dad and I fight, what drained our relationship, what went wrong and there is just one answer to 100 of questions like these. Me. Everything went wrong because of me. I felt that money is what brings happiness and that is why I destroyed the relationship which was bounded by love and when I realized my mistake, it was too late. 

There is something from my past I want you to know. when was I younger, in my early 20s, I used to work as a waitress and I wanted to earn a lot of money and one day when I got this opportunity, I grabbed it without giving it a second thought. I was hired by a rich man to make some guy fall in love with me and eventually drug him so that the rich man could take his revenge for whatever reason he had. I didn't bother to ask him about the reason and honestly I didn't even care because I was being paid a large amount of money. I will cut short the story for you. That man fell in love with me and I kept on drugging him but after spending so much time with him, I got to know him better and started to feel things for him. His name was James Hollway. One day I called the rich man home to tell him that I can't betray James anymore but somehow James overheard the conversation and asked me to leave him forever. I was left shattered but he wasn't ready to listen to me. I went away and thought to start a new life but then I got to know that I was pregnant. I was pregnant with you, with James's daughter. I tried to reach James but his friend John blackmailed that he will kill you if I come anywhere near James. That is when I met your father. Your father knew that I was pregnant with you but still he asked me to marry him because he loved me so much. 

That was the first time I was being loved by someone. It felt surreal. He accepted you and treated you as his own daughter but one day I got to know that James married a woman who died while delivering her baby. I felt uneasy knowing that James has a son and that boy will get all his legacy which belonged to you. Without informing your dad, I went to see James and took you along with me. I told James that you were his daughter and he melted, he asked us to stay with him. I started loving that little boy too but John, he was an evil person, he wanted to kill James and that little boy Rayn so that he could get all the wealth. When James wasn't at home, he tried to kill Rayn and when I tried to stop him, he accused me for trying to murder Rayn. He blamed everything on me and when James got to know about it, he threw me out along with you and warned me to never return. 

I had no place left to go so I came back to your father. He fought with me and accused me for betraying him and with all honesty I didn't deserve a man like him. He loved me with all his heart and I kept on betraying him. He took me back because of you, he loved you so much that he gave me one last chance. Everything was going back to normal and we were living a middle class life but I wanted to have a lavish lifestyle and I made you the source for that, I wanted you to have James's legacy. I went to meet James again but John didn't let me talk to him and started to blackmail me. You father got to know about it and that is when all the fights started. I wanted money and your father wanted you. John repeatedly started paying us visits and his men kept on hurting me. Your father kept on pleading me to stop this but I became so money blind that I stopped caring for you as well.