Chapter 36: Diary

This could be us, but you don't want to be Rayn to my Lizu.😩

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE!

Rayn's Pov

I am doing good now but these bandages are really annoying, they make it difficult to bend down or move my hand swiftly. I got discharged yesterday and now I was just laying on bed and resting when there was a knock on my door. I knew who the person is so I thought about  playing a little prank on her+ her expressions and jealousy will be so much worth it!

Okay baby, there is someone on the door, I will call you back in some time, Bye! Love you!!! I said in a higher pitch than usual and just as I put my phone down, she came in. I expected her to be angry or shocked or something like that after hearing my fake call but she came in with the most normal expression ever.

Liz: Hey babe, I have brought your medicines, get up and have them and then have this food, she said while placing medicines and a tiffin on my side table.

Rayn: Uh, okay.... I replied, slightly confused. She might have not heard that, I thought. I picked up the medicines and ate them and then said

Hey, tomorrow we will be leaving for Cali by 5am, okay?

Liz: Why?????

Rayn: Because we have to meet your father Liz. It will be okayyyy, I assured her for the 100th time since yesterday. 

Liz: But you are not well right now, we can go and visit him some other time! and she made the same excuse for the 100th time since yesterday.

Rayn: Liz, you can't run away from this meeting forever, the sooner you meet him, the better.

Liz sighed and finally agreed. Fine. She then started to walk out of the door but stopped just before turning the knob.

Liz: And ya, next time try to make your call with your 'baby' more convincing, she said with a smirk and then left.

She is definitely something!

*Next day*

Lizu's POV

Just as we arrived at the airport in Cali, a lot of memories came flooding back to my mind. The day when Soph and I turned back to bid a final goodbye to this town, I promised myself that I will start everything fresh by leaving behind all the pain and tears I shed here in past few years but here I am standing infront of my house, just a few steps away to meet and greet all those bad memories, to breathe the air which was poised, to go in that house where my mother breathed her last breathe, to meet my father...... just a few steps.

I was standing and staring at the house, lost in my thoughts when Rayn caught my hand. I turned to look at him and he passed a warm smile and said, everything will be fine. Then we started our walk to cover those few steps, the steps which can make or break everything. 

I suddenly stopped at the door and turned to look at him. Listen, we can do it some other time, please Rayn. I can't.

Liz, you are the strongest woman I have ever known+ my mother ofc. I want you to face everything you fear and rise from it. I am here with you, trust me, everything will be fine! And with that he rang the door bell.

A few seconds later, an old looking man opened the door. When I left, this man looked much younger, more muscular but now when I see him, he has white hair, white beard and is covered in a grey shawl. He looked at me with affection and I stared back at him, slightly confused. My father looks so different, a lot old, bit weak, not how he was when I left. He came forward and kissed my forehead,