Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Recap:

 She nodded and stood up with me as we walked out of her room and back to the party. When we were walking towards Luke and Ian Shay pulled me back and I ignored the skin crawling sensation.

 "What?"

 "What if he rejects me?"

 "Believe me, he won't and if he does than I'll cut his balls off" I say and Shay laughs. That wasn't supposed to be funny but whatever she's smiling.

"Shay stop masking your scent." She does as I say and I see Ian's head snap over in our direction. He's looking at Shay and Shay, well Shay is looking at her feet. I nudge her and her eyes snap to mine before looking straight over to Ian.

 We walk up to the two Alpha's and I can see the question in Luke's eyes and I mind link him that I'll tell him later and he nods. Many emotions flick over in Ian's eyes, I see happiness, relief, joy then hurt and anger. I have no idea where the last two came from.

 "I can't believe this. You're my mate. I have a second mate." Ian whispers.

 He pulls Shay away from me and towards him. He hugs her and she hugs him back surprised by his public display of affection. But then he suddenly pulls back and stares at her, hurt flashing through his eyes.

 I decide to leave them alone for the time being and sort things out. I pull onto Luke's arm trying to tear him away from the couple. He stares down at me amusement flashing through his eyes. We walk away from the couple, heading towards our room since everyone else is drunk. It looks like Shay won't be staying here anymore she'll be off with Ian to his pack to be their Luna. I wonder who else has found their mates between our packs.

 My breathe hitches at the sight in front of me. There were candles lit up all across the room. Mainly different shades of blue, and purple with some white candles. There was a bathrobe laid out on the bed with small hand towels rolled up beside a bucket of water that had steam rising out of it. There were rose petals laid out on the floor like a path leading me to a table with a cake on it. I walked up to the cake to see a card beside it. I picked the card up and opened it. I totally forgot the date today.  I groaned slapping myself. How could I forget?

 "See I figured that with everything going on you would have not remembered that it was my birthday today so I decided to buy myself a cake. I can eat away my loneliness and fill that void." a voice came out from behind startling me in the process.

 "I'm sorry. It just slipped my mind." I said

 "Yea, well with everything that's going on I know that you wouldn't have had time for me" Luke said pouting on purpose. Too can play at that game.

 "No it's not like that" I say as I walk towards him. "I knew that it was your birthday, how could I forget my mate's birthday?" I slip my arms around his neck and pull him closer to me, down to my level.

 "So you didn't forget about my birthday?" he asks confused expecting me to say yes that I had forgotten. Not today buddy.

 "No, I had a surprise for you" I say while trying to rack my brain for something.

 Luke's eyes widen and his smile grows into a smirk. "What did you have in mind?" he asks wiggling his eyebrows while sending me some very promising visions of his.

 I laugh, he's never going to change, is he? I guess just have to live with dirty Luke for the rest of my life.

 "Something like those" I say responding to his visions.