Chapter 3

Lily pov

I turned on the radio to "Demons" by Imagine Dragons playing. I turned up the volume and boosted the base to max. Luke turned over and smiled at me, I smiled back at him.

 Luke's phone was ringing so I had to turn down the volume. It was Jason. He groaned and mumbled "he's gonna kill me when he finds out your gone and I took you with me". "Hey dude, whats up?" he asked.

 I sat there trying to listen but I couldn't hear him. All I heard was "Yea she's with me...... ok, i'll do that...... yea she is, I was about to come pick you up since you don't have a ride.....ok I'll call you when I'm done. Talk to ya later."

He ended the phone call and did a U-turn. It was sudden and fast so I didn't have anything to hold onto and I grabbed his arm. That's the first time I noticed how muscular he was. After a few minutes I found myself still holding onto his arm.

 I looked up at him and found him smiling to himself. I probably looked like a tomato. He didn't seem to care that I was still holding his arm but I let go anyways.

 "Where are we going?" I asked. "Back to your house" he replied. "Why, Jason wouldn't have a ride back if we go home" I sounded confused which I was. "Because he thinks you must be tired and he told me to drop you off at home and you can gets some rest before the party" Luke said but mumbled the last part.

"What no! We are not having another party. Last time I had to clean the after party mess and I have dance the next morning, so I can't be late!" I whined. Luke just laughed and continued to drive. I pouted the whole drive way home as Luke laughed at me the whole drive there.

We got home in five minutes. I was about to get out by myself but Luke stopped me and ran over to my side. He had his hands on my hips and told me to jump. I did as he said and I landed right on top of him, my face a inch away from his. Not again!

 On the inside I smacked myself on the head. Why am I such a clutz? I whined to myself. He got up first and helped me to my feet. I wouldn't meet his eyes, afraid that he might see how bright my face looked. Luke held his hand out to me and the other one wrapped around my waist.

 We walked towards the door, neither of us saying anything. Once we were at the door I looked around for the spare key. Luke found it and opened the door putting the spare where he found it. I waited for him to come back so he can help me walk into my room without falling. We passed the family room and kitchen and walked into my room passing Jason's.

Luke led me to my big queen size bed and sat me down. Then he went into my walk in closet and grabbed a pair of shorts and my white t-shirt. I looked at him and he smiled at me as he handed me my clothes. "Get changed and get some sleep, if you need anything call me I'll be getting the house ready for the party." I nodded and watched as he walked outside but closing my door before he left.

I wiggled out of my turquoise jeans and slid on my shorts. I took off my black baggy sweatshirt and put on my form fitting white tee. I smiled at Luke's choice, I liked it. I snuggled underneath my covers hugging one of my multiple pillows. I started to drift off to sleep.

I was put right back to where I left off this morning in my nightmare. The voices were loud even though I hadn't picked up the phone yet. They sounded panicked and then I heard the sirens and my mom scream. I ran over to her and she looked at me with pure hatred in her eyes. I cringed at the look in her eyes. I took a step back and bumped into the wall and smacked my head. What happened, why does mom hate me now? What did I do? And then I looked down to see that there was blood on my hands...

A/N: I decided to update again since I felt really bad about not updating on Saturday. I know its a short chapter but since I'm updationg for the second time today I decided to make this short. Hope your liking my book so far. Please Vote/Comment.