Chapter 19

Chapter 19

“I thought that I am supposed to know everything! Why are you both hiding things from me? I’m done with people doing things behind my back without me knowing. I’ve had enough lies. My whole life was filled with lies and I want to restart and I don’t want to start with another lie!” I screamed out in rage.

“I think it’s time we told her everything...” A new but old voice sounded throughout the room. I turned around only to find a face that I have been longing to see. A face that haunted me in my dreams. A face that I’ve cried over repeatedly. A face that I beat myself up about.

Tears threatened to fall out but I held them back.

My voice came out in a hoarse whisper and I couldn’t believe the word that was coming out of mouth right now. A word that I thought that I would never have the privilege of saying again.

“Dad...”

***

“What the hell is happening here? Am I being delusional or am I really seeing my supposedly dead father right in front of me?” I asked while taking a step back and shutting my eyes tight hoping that I’m just seeing things but when I opened my eyes it wasn’t what I was hoping for.

“Sweetie just listen to us for a bit. I’ll assure you that we will tell you everything you want to know if you hear us out” my dad said while reaching a hand out and walking towards me. I involuntarily stepped back when he came towards me which made him stay rooted in his place.

“Princess come here” Luke said holding his arms out for me. I didn’t need any more convincing as my legs started walking on its own towards him. I needed to make sure that at least I knew that I had something that wasn’t covered in lies. It’s hilarious at how close to Luke I was right now considering that I had just found out about our mate bond thingy.

“What’s going on? I don’t think I can handle this anymore. All these things; me losing half of my memory, finding out about werewolves and me being one at that, you being my mate and now I’m seeing my dad in front of me who is supposed to be dead.” I said trying not to let my emotions cloud up my mind.

“You’ll understand as soon as we explain. But first I need you to calm down, alright?” Luke said grabbing my face in his hands making me look him in his eyes. I nodded.

He pulled me over to the set of couches in the study and made me sit down on the love seat next to him. My parents took the couch beside us making me turn in their direction so I can see their faces.

I looked at my mom. She looked like she usually did except for the dark lines under her eyes. I can tell the restlessness settled deep within her eyes. My dad was holding her hand trying to calm her down. His eyes settled on my face looking me over, I tried not to cringe or look at him but it was a useless fight.

“Sweetie, I want you to listen to the whole story before you jump to conclusions. Can you do that for me?” My dad asked.

“Yea”  

He looked over towards Luke and gave him a nod. Luke let out a sigh getting ready to tell me whatever bomb they were going to drop on me next.

“When my father had gone over to Romania for the issues about the Rogues and Vampires that he was investigating he stumbled upon a white wolf. He was walking through the alleyways and forests with his best trackers to help him out. They were in the outskirts of their pack land and beyond that was a forest of trees that extended for miles around them. I was with him. We were searching all over the place trying to find some type of lead after the Rogues and Vampires. But instead we came to an abandoned building in the middle of nowhere. We figured that there was nobody in there but the building piqued my interest and something in me wanted to rip apart the building. Like I was searching for something.  We scouted the building to make sure that it wasn’t being watched. My father and I went in. My wolf was on the verge of coming out, but I couldn’t understand why. That is until I found you in a pool of your own blood. You were tied to the wall silver chains restricting you from getting up in your wolf form. You were the White wolf that my dad had seen in the alley ways before you ran off. I thought that you were dead but then when I went to lift you I found out that you were only unconscious. You changed back into your human form and I covered you up with my jacket because you were shivering. I ripped the chains off of you and carried you off back to our pack house in Romania. I didn’t let anyone touch you. You were treated for a month until you got better. You were a young pup. And I knew that you were my mate ever since I saw you but you were way too young for me. I didn’t know why the Moon Goddess would give me such a young mate but I was happy to know that I had at least had a mate. In that month of unconsciousness I was searching for your family but came to no avail. When I went back to the States where the rest of our pack took place I came across David and Susan. They came to me to file a complaint about David’s brother’s family missing. I was investigating the problem when I stumbled upon some information about you. When I dug in further I found out that the family was slaughtered to death by the Rogues in the area but there was one body that was not discovered. Their nine year old daughter’s, she went missing and everybody presumed she was dead. David and Susan,” Luke looked over to my mom and dad and continued, “offered to raise you as their own. They couldn’t let you live without a family.”