Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Gabriel and I resumed running. We went on for a few hours until I couldn't run anymore. Gabriel shifted and I sat down on him before he continued to run. In the next few hours, I can only hope that everything goes well. With a war fast approaching we had to warn the others but we also had to protect them.

                                                                               ***

I didn't realize that I zoned out until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Gabriel back in his human form. He smiled before he started talking.

"I think we are here but I'm not sure if this is the place" he said pointing towards something. I had use my wolf senses to look beyond the trees and at the mansion. Do all packs have mansions or is it just him and his buddies. 

I peered past the trees and looked into the house. But there seemed to be no one there. I hadn't been at Ian's pack before so I wouldn't know if this was the right place. I was about to tell Gabriel I don't know when my eyes caught someone sitting on the porch. I peered in closer to see Shay sitting on the steps hugging herself. 

"This is it" I told him and he nodded before we both started to run again in the direction towards the house. As soon as Shay heard our footsteps she sat up straight and looked at me. I ran towards her and she did the same. She engulfed me in a hug and muttered things under her breath. I pulled back and smiled.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe your actually here. I don't know whether to hug you because your back or hit you for leaving me alone and getting yourself kidnapped" she said laughing.

"First of all you can hug me, second I didn't get myself kidnapped, an intruder came into my house and took me and third you weren't alone, you had Ian" I told her. 

Shay's face grew grim and I saw her eyes clouding with unshed tears. She smiled nodding but the smile didn't reach her eyes. I was about to question the reason behind her tears but held back. She wiped away her tears before looking back at me.

"Look at us. Your back and safe and I'm crying. I seem to be doing that a lot lately. Come on let's go inside." she said looking at me and Gabriel, unspoken questions mirroring her eyes. 

I nodded ready to go inside. Gabriel followed me as I followed Shay into her house. She appointed Gabriel to one of the guest rooms while taking me to her and Ian's bedroom. At least I thought it was her and Ian's.

Shay opened the door to a room that looked pretty plain but beautiful. It looked as if nobody had stayed in here for awhile until now. 

"This is my room and your going to be staying with me. I don't want to let you out of my sight." she said. I couldn't help but raise my eyebrows at her. 

"What?" she asked. 

"Your room?" I asked in return. 

"Ian and I aren't sharing his room. I don't think we're ready for that or any other step right now." She muttered. She looked exhausted and as if she had been crying every minute in every hour. My heart broke for her. I haven't seen Shay like this. I never want to see Shay like this. She was always a happy person, optimistic seeing her like this made me question whether I really did know Shay that well. 

I went over to her and hugged her. I couldn't do or say anything else. I knew she didn't want to hear lame cheer ups either. 

"I don't know what I'm doing here Lily. I don't even know if I belong here. What am I suppose to do when I feel as if someone had pulled the carpet out from under my feet and no one is there to catch me." she sobbed.