CHAPTER 6

(LONG CHAPTER INCOMING)

Everyone's celebrating today. It's currently Saturday, five PM. Yesterday was the last day of school before the winter break- so you could imagine how every student ran out of school to decide where they're going for Christmas.

Today, actually, is the day of the band's hangout. However, as Sunghoon texts me, something feels a bit off. He tells me instead of this being "a simple hangout," Heeseung decides to throw a big party at his house- drinks, a DJ, and party games. The thought of it causes me to squirm in my seat as I start refusing to go.

Heeseung and I haven't talked to each other since the little kidnapper incident, him being a big childish baby about him and so have I. I would love to apologize if he gave me the chance, but today might not be the best idea. It's his party- I'll let him have fun.

So, fifteen minutes before six, I arrive at the party while the lights are bursting bright from the sides of a big mansion, everyone screaming and talking. I sigh as I put the car in park, grossed out over this big crowd.

"Stupid, stupid, so stupid," I say to myself as I hit my forehead against the steering wheel, feeling the cold air enter the little crooks of my car. "Why did you come here? So dumb."

"Stop calling yourself dumb and come out of the car!" Someone knocks against my window, slightly scaring my pitiful self. Outside is a slightly drunk Jay, smiling at me. "I'll keep you company through this whole party, I promise." I give him a quick roll of my eyes before exiting the car, the boy closing the door behind me.

"Thanks, I guess."

"You look nice wearing jeans to a party."

"I'm going to take that as a drunk, back-handed compliment."

"It was a sarcastic one, idiot," He huffs, walking with me to Heeseung's big house. "Besides, I'm not drunk yet. I'm not a lightweight, but not a good drinker either."

"Good to know," I chuckle, shaking my head. "Don't worry, you don't have to keep me company for long. I'll go look for Sunghoon-" Jay points to a sitting Sunghoon, girls fanning over him from a different university- all occupying him and leaving me in the dust. "...Nevermind. Where're the drinks?"

Jay laughs lightly before putting his arm around me as we create small talk, saying quick hellos to the rest of the band and a few of his other friends.

"Have you talked to Heeseung?" Finally caught up with Jay's chat, we lean over the counter on opposite sides, the boy putting ice in my cup. "He seemed more... happy today."

"Probably a fake feeling. Don't take it to heart," I reply, grabbing my cup from his hands and putting soda inside of it. "He didn't seem too happy with me on Thursday."

"I heard about it from his horrible yelling. He was yelling to Jake about it, talking about this and that and cursing you out! We all had to try and calm him down before he busted a nerve."

"Listen, it's not my fault every kidnapper is different!" I exclaim, taking a sip of my drink. "Plus, he's the only one who answered. I have a life ahead of me."

I can barely hear Jay as the music starts to get louder- and signaling towards the DJ station, we both look. There's Heeseung, soju in his hands as he's looking at the crowd before him. He has a straight face on- like he doesn't want to be here either. He doesn't bear to talk to anyone and just stays in his little bubble, smiling at everyone. His eyes switch sides- and before I knew it, he met eyes with Jay and me.

Jay gives him a slight wave, the boy waving back. I stand there like a frozen statue as I can't even muster anything up, watching as his eyes don't even look back at me again. Is this what it feels like to be a guilty piece of crap?