CHAPTER 48

"Be safe on your way home!"

"I will, thank you so much!" I beckon to the leftovers, waving at the three before entering my car. 

My god, do these people make good lunches.

Turning on my music after a long day of hanging out with the Lee's, it's almost nighttime. I'm tired from all the mess—actually, speaking of that, let's just stop talking about it—I'll get a headache.

"He was a skater boy, she said 'see ya later, boy!'" I jam out, tapping the steering wheel. Why did I ever get my driver's license? It's illegal to be this good on the road.

Driving home after a long day of business was always the best—just being able to relax on my bed, read comics... it sounded like paradise. Getting a call that interrupted my music, I see the name.

'softie jungwon'

Chuckling, I answer, clearing my throat. "Hello~"

"Your sister is going to kill me!" He squeals as I hear Soo-Ri's screaming in the background. "I accidentally told her that I liked her!"

"Too bad, can't help you..."

"Jae Iseul!"

"My gosh, can't you just hear what she has to say?" I roll my eyes, using my blinkers to switch lanes. I push up my glasses, narrowing my eyes as I speed up. "Maybe she wants to tell you something."

"Good idea, I know Taekwondo in case!" He exclaims, suddenly halting. I hear the skid marks as he stops, Soo-Ri's breathing becoming ragged as she huffs. "Soo-Ri, please don't kill me—if you don't like me back, I can—"

"Shut... Shut up!" She heavily interrupts, almost gagging. "Why the hell do men run so fast? Anyway... I like you too, idiot."

I can practically hear Jungwon's soft gasp, causing me to snort and turn the corner to my house. "You—You do!?"

"We practically live together—it was bound to happen," Soo-Ri says ignorantly, sighing. "I knew Jay wouldn't like me—he's like what...? Ages older than me. While you may be a downgrade... hm... I could take you in as my boyfriend."

"Hey, be nice!" I scold.

"Sis, don't acknowledge what I say in a second, okay!?" Taking the phone from Jungwon, she chuckles. "Don't bully me for it, either."

"Wh—"

"Jungwon, I love you~" 

Gross! Gross, gross, gross!

But also pretty cute.

But still, gross!

"Oh sh— Jungwon!"

"Did you make him faint!?"

"Um, maybe?!"

"Oh my god, Jae Soo-Ri!" I groan, parking the car. "Never mind, never mind. I don't want to hear any more of this cute crap. Just make sure he's alive—and make sure he asks you out!"

"Sis, shut up!"

"Bye~" I end the call before further arguments, exiting my car before placing my phone in the flower pot again. Luckily, the texts and calls have already stopped, leaving me to relax. The weekend was almost over, but even so, that means I have to go back to university... ugh.

Am I ready to go back to mock exams and studying? Absolutely not.

Rounding the corner of my house for a nightly walk to clear my head really quick, I stretch my arm against the gate. Groaning, I burst into a fit of giggles suddenly. Maybe over the thought that I didn't have to play cupid with Jungwon and Soo-Ri. They at least had some chemistry.