CHAPTER 28

"We're here," I whisper, causing him to nod. We stop right on the doorstep, Heeseung handing me my things. He fixes my jacket and hair, patting it down as he caresses my cheek. "Are you sure you'll be able to go on without me?"

"Shut up," I shut down his joke immediately, causing him to laugh. "Your best friend likes me, is upset with you and me, and you still joke about it!?"

"You matter more to me than this band, Jae Iseul," Heeseung sighs, shaking his head. "Call me immature or whatever, but you've meant most to me this whole time."

"How cringy yet awfully cute," I sigh, shaking my head. "I don't want to think about the whole crushing thing, so I'm going back inside. I need to rest my head—and my heart."

"Understandable—" He's open the glass covering to my door, allowing me to put in my keys in the hole. "—Have a good rest, but... can we go out somewhere tomorrow?"

"...For how long?" I question, my free hand grabbing the door so he doesn't have to hold it any longer. However, he doesn't nudge. "Tomorrow's the weekend."

"As long as I can have you out and about," Heeseung leans a bit more closer, smiling softly. "Think of it as a... quick vacation. We can even stay the night, me and you."

"Are you trying to take me out on a date?"

"I was going to call it that—but to be more courteous to past events, it's a vacation for you and I. How's that?"

Before I can answer, the door is already opened—revealing a sneaky Jungwon and Soo-Ri. We are speechless as Soo-Ri clicks her tongue, winking at me. "You can have her the whole weekend!"

"Yeah, we're going somewhere for our weekend, so we can't tend to your girlfriend—I mean, Iseul!" Oh my god. "Please take her at about... Eight! Does 8 AM sound fine? We'll be back by 1 PM on Sunday, so—"

"I got it, I got it," Heeseung warns the two fans, causing them to giggle. "I'll pick her up by 8:30 AM. Is that okay with you?" He turns to me, causing me to hesitate. However, I nod quickly, causing the two (again) to burst into a fit. 

"Okay, well, thank you for taking care of my sister," Soo-Ri bows, pulling me inside. "See you tomorrow, Lee Heeseung!"

"Lee—" She slams the door in his face, causing me to widen my eyes. As I turn around, Jungwon and Soo-Ri have their arms crossed, an eyebrow each raised to its highest power. This wasn't going to end well.

"Spill it!"

And, as I do for the rest of the night, their faces ended in shock, denial, and envy. "Hyung said that?!"

"Indeed," I blink, sighing as I look at my twiddling fingers. "Is it really my fault?"

"Surely, but not in the way he describes it," Jungwon pinches Soo-Ri, causing her to hiss. "Ouch! I'm just telling the truth."

"Listen, Iseul," Jungwon ignores her, crossing his arms. "Hyung is like this because he loves you. Hell, Heeseung would act like this if he wasn't so tranquil. Sunghoon just... has waited over twenty years to fall for you—and for you to simply do the same. It's out of anger—and he's only blaming you because he's felt impatient. Don't worry about what he says, and follow your heart. Nothing about this is your fault—only but your beauty."

"Whatever," I shrug off his compliment, sighing. "Hopefully, nothing bad happens—and speaking of happenings, have you talked to your parents?"

"Yes," Jungwon huffs, shaking his head. "They still won't let me back in the house nor give me back my money. All they've given me is a few hundred for food and rent while I stay here. They want me to quit the band."