CHAPTER 40

"Heeseung, Iseul, time to eat breakfast~" I hear a knock on Heeseung's door, his brother's voice resonating from the outside. I hear his quiet footsteps—and after that, it's silent. I shake Heeseung slightly, but his arms wrap tightly around my physique in a soft groan.

Who's the first one awake now? 

Yes, it's me.

"Hey, Lee Heeseung."

"Mm~"

"Wake up. We have to go eat breakfast with your family," I sigh, causing him to shake his head as he pulls me closer. I try to leave once more, but he keeps his hold on me, causing me to struggle. Finally, I escape his hold, and that's when his eyes open widely.

"Hey, Jae Iseul!"

"So, you were awake," I snicker, beckoning for him to come over. He comes to my side of the bed, sitting down with his feet to the floor. I'm already standing, so I take off his hood, fixing his hair. Separating it by strands, he watches me closely, winking at me.

"You have to grow up super healthy so that when we get back, nobody will be worried about you!" I lecture him as I caress his face, grabbing his chin. "You need to take care of yourself so all~ your female fans will continue to fan over you, including me. Okay?"

"Okay~" He agrees, clutching my hands and beaming. His eyes sparkle despite having the room be so dim, the boy playing with my fingers. "But I don't want other female's attention. I only want yours."

"Then you'd have to give up your life as a socialite—" I play with his hair, putting some over his eyes. "Would you like to change your whole demeanor? We could scare off some fangirls if you want."

"Anything for you."

Man, was he whipped...

I push him down with my finger on his forehead, rolling my eyes. "Let's go eat. Get yourself situated." Raking back my hair like the cool girl I am, I exit his room, closing the door behind me. Walking down the stairs, I see his whole family gathered at the table, leaning over and gossiping. To be quite honest, if our parents met, I think it would be a chaotic gossiping circle.

Anyway, I take a seat next to his mom, bowing to them slightly. They all finally notice, sitting back in their chairs as I stifle my laugh. "Oh, is Heeseung coming? Also, dear, why are you not wearing any pajamas? Did you sleep in your travel clothes?"

I nod, grabbing a piece of bread. Heeseung's brother slaps my hand, making me glare at him. He already felt like family. Sitting back with my piece of bread after his hyung attempts to stop me, I smile at his mom. "Yes. Heeseung had fallen asleep on me last night, so I was unable to actually change. He's on his way down—hopefully, at least."

"I'm right here," Heeseung makes his famous entrance, fluffing his hair as he wears a beanie. What an era. "I feel like I owe you all an apology, um... I'm sorry for acting out the first day I came home. I had a whole breakdown and crap happened... I promise next time, I won't pin out all my anger at you guys."

"It was definitely something..."

"Hyung, shut up," Heeseung jokes, both of them laughing as I smile at the cute portrait. "And... I probably owe you all a better introduction to my girlfriend, so, here she is—" He beckons to me, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers. I raise an eyebrow at him as he fixates his gaze on his father as if he was asking for approval. "—This is my girlfriend, Jae Iseul. She's hopefully going to accompany me forever—and I was hoping to ask for your consent to date her."

From your own parents? Interesting. 

I'm glad his family is very accepting, unlike mine... going back to that day where they decided to spill just about everything—damn, wasn't that an experience.