CHAPTER 38

(LONG CHAPTER INCOMING, SUNGHOON'S CHAPTER)

I settle my things down, tying my hair up as I wait. The crosswalk is absolutely boring to stare at, but with the timer counting down, it feels like New Year's all over again. It seems that Jay has already informed Sunghoon of my arrival—but at this point, I doubt he'd come to get me.

Of course, there's always a chance he will, but maybe not. Anywho, finally finishing my hair, I grab my luggage, crossing the street. It's always relieving to see Namyangju, but at this moment, I think it's more of a nostalgic, bitter taste than a sweeter one. Remembering the better days as a high school trio with Juyeong and Sunghoon, it was like I was ready to cry.

Hopefully, everyone gets their pair of happy endings—especially Juyeong and Sunghoon.

One step on the sidewalk and I smile, seeing someone's tall physique. His style hasn't changed besides being on break—I'd think he'd come to me in pajamas instead of proper outerwear. Looking up, his lips are pressed as he raises an eyebrow. "Are you here to talk to me? Or your boyfriend?"

"Both, but you first," I giggle, causing him to laugh slightly. It was hard for him to hold back his laughter depending on my honesty, so he pulls me off the last piece of the road and beckons to the sidewalk to his house. "Shall we get you situated?"

"Appreciated," I nod, agreeing. He shoves his hands in his pockets, humming softly. I remember the souvenirs Sunoo and Jay give me, handing one of the bags to Sunghoon. He instantly looks my way, raising an eyebrow. "They gave me lots of food and stuff. Remember the bench outside your house? Let's go eat there."

"Okay," He agrees, both of us jogging to the bench. It's a five-minute walk, him not keeping up even though I'm holding just about everything. I slide against the bench, almost falling on my butt as I panic. He exhales as he slides in next to me, bumping me slightly as we catch our breath. "So—what is that you'd like to talk about as we eat? I know it's about the whole... secret thing—but I think I've moved quite past it."

"You're not a great liar," I reply, opening the bag and grabbing the candy bag. ripping it open, I pop a gumdrop into my mouth, a leg over the other. "I know you haven't moved on."

"You're right," He snickers, snatching the candy bag right out of my hands and grabbing something as well. "I've been thinking about it the past few days—but I still can't understand it."

"Well, I'll answer a few questions in exchange for you answering some of mine. Deal?"

"Sounds great," He agrees with no hesitation, eating a twizzler. "I want to go first. I don't understand why you couldn't have told me...? Not to be negative or anything, but you know I wouldn't tell anyone if I had known it all before."

"I agree, maybe if I told you, there was a better chance that you would've understood and not had spouted it out to everyone and got into a fight," I reply, shrugging. "But I'm not a part of your problems, you know? I wasn't in the band, to begin with—and Heeseung hasn't done anything bad to me. It would be wrong to go off and tell you like I knew everything—because at that time, all I knew were the slight things, possibly even nothing."

"I see," He understands, (finally after having a nonsensical fight with Heeseung) crossing his arms. "Alright, I understand that part. Your turn."

"Okay," I lean forward, grabbing back the candy bag and putting it down. "Tell me about what you told Heeseung in the administrative office."

"How do you—"

"Ni-Ki told me you both were spitting nonsense at each other—I'd like to know what exactly was said," I say proudly, crossing my arms. "Even the part about me."