CHAPTER 7

I go to the kitchen, holding my soul and his secrets all in my hands. The sky is still swirling like Heeseung swirled the wine in his glass just a few minutes ago- seeming as I can't get over the fact I've been told all his secrets in a quiet ramble.

He's probably half-asleep by now as I hesitate to walk back up those stairs. I pour water that sits fresh in the fridge, blinking a few times to check if I was still awake- or if this was all a dream.

"There you are-!"

"Ah, a man!" I squeal before spraying the water all over a stiff Sunghoon- the boy frozen as he feels the cold liquid probably soak through his shirt. He has stickers all over his face, blinking a few times. 

"'Ah, a man'...?" He recites, sighing. "Who knew that a girl could get so scared of her best friend... did someone harass you or something? Do I need to beat someone up?!"

"No! No..." I bite my lip, turning back to the fridge and pouring more water in the red, plastic cup. "Sunghoon, I have a question." The boy leans his back against the marble counter, beckoning for me to continue. "If someone said something about you and only one person knew the truth, what would you do?"

"Well... depends," Sunghoon bites his lower lip in thought, brushing his hair back. "If it's something good, I'd rather let the pair wait until they're comfortable to tell me. However, if it's bad and something against me, I'd like to know so I can fix it or settle arguments."

"What if someone you knew did something bad against you and I knew?"

"Then I'd believe you'd tell me, duh," He replies, rolling his eyes. "We're best friends, Iseul. Aren't you supposed to tell me everything?"

"Right..." Sunghoon must've seen the sullen look on my face- because soon enough, he pats my shoulders and smiles. 

"Don't worry, damn Iseul, I wouldn't be mad at you if you refused to tell me," He adds, yawning before grabbing another bottle of soju. "Now, I'll go back to drinking outside with Geonu and Jake. Cater yourself to anything here, okay?"

I nod slightly before he's off and running, waving his hands as he yells out to the boys. I walk back upstairs and open Heeseung's door, seeing him standing near his balcony. "...Heeseung?"

He turns his head slowly, closing the balcony door and sitting on his bed. He pats the space next to him as I comply, both of us leaning back against his soft pillows. "Iseul, did you want to come to this party?"

"No, not really," Answering truthfully, I look over at him as he sips down the water. "I thought it would just be you, me, and the rest of the guys- however, I was thinking about it. If we didn't have this conversation, never had this party... I don't think we would've resolved things." All I hear is his soft humming, him shuffling as he continues sipping on the water like a child.

"Iseul?"

"Hm?"

"Thank you for coming."

"Oh, you're welcome, I guess..."

"I'm sorry Ji-Hun sent out someone to kidnap you, too..."

"Oh, it's okay- wait, what?" Wow, that's nice to know. First that he almost killed his bandmates, that Ji-Hun's a manipulator, and now that she wanted me to die? Expected yet unexpected. "Oh..."

"Yeah, I figured it out the day I had to... um..." I would've guessed when he yelled out at the guy, but I thought it was just between them. "Anyways~ no more hard feelings?!"

"I would like to conclude you're still drunk- but sure."

He smiles before his eyes fall limp, the boy suddenly dropping his head forward- and~ he's knocked out. Damn... what wine can do to some people. Anyway, fixing his position so his head is actually on a pillow, I get up, leaving him to sleep.